Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
How much internships matter for getting a good job ?

I spoke to a lawyer he said what will you even do as you don't know much. I'm in 2nd year of 3 year LL.B.

So should I Intern now or wait till my third year and lastly,

Do these 1-2 months long internships really teach you anything in big firms or you learn everything after becoming an associate ?

Thanks
Aagye betuki baate karne. Sawaal ka jawaab inse bola nhi jaata, but heavy comedy karni hai sabko
You will not get a decent job without doing at least 4/5 good internships during your course. Actually, you will get no job. Start interning asap as you have already wasted 2 years.
I have Internships mainly focused on Litigation at hc and disputes. Do I directly apply to firms for corporate internship in my final year ? Would they take an intern with no prior exp in corp, if no then where do I start corp from
Bina internships ke kaun associate banayega tumhe kahin bhi. How will you learn on the job if you get no job?
Bhai tlh intern ko bhi kya hi kaam dete hai ? Majority toh bas research karwate hai and clerk banake rakhte hai bas
Mat kar bhai toh. Dhundh lio seedha job. Mil rahi ho aise kahin toh hume bhi bata dio.
Cant say anything for certain these days bro. Some peeps from my college (T2 NLU) with multiple T1 internships have not got a T1 or T2 job as of now and yet we have some peeps with below average internship record make to T1 after having worked at small places for the first year. It all comes down to the knowledge you posses and also some luck factor.

The only thing we can do is try.

Internships wont teach you much unless it is offline and the team likes involving the interns into the actual work apart from research assistance. You have to learn by yourself, avoid courses, learn by simple YouTube videos or articles (avoid LawSikho)
I'm from Mumbai and have no interest in joining tier1s. I have no issues joining a boutique bit the issue is I'm not sure how to get corp internships. Would you please help me out