Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I have posted a few thread two weeks ago but it did not garner much response. I am strongly considering to become a CA now that I have gaps in my CV.

{1} Is CA a Lucrative career option? I am targeting job sector and averse to pvt practise

{2} How is growth of CAs?

{3} Given the choice , would you rather be CA or remain a corporate lawyer ?

{4} Nonsense to ask but who is more respected in Society - Corporate Lawyer or CA ?

{5} Who gets more money in longer run CA or T-1 Partner ?

-TSR
CA takes more time if you do regular college. Most of my cousins became CA at 25-26 years. Also the pay is extremely low as compared to t1 firms, the average is 7-10lpa with big 4 paying 11lpa out of which 70-75k in hand per month, it is half of what a t1 law firm associate can make in hand. Plus it takes much longer to become partner at big 4 and pay progression isnt as fast as law firms, 80lpa after 15 years is a good estimate.
CAs now have an increasing role in PE firms and investment banks - very lucrative positions where firms look for financial expertise
A CA who now practice as an advocate here. CA gives you exhaustive and practical exposure to certain areas. While pursuing law internships are for short tenure hence practical exposure is relatively low. Key in both cases remains the manner in which approach an engagement.

Money has nothing to do with degree but how good you are at what you do. So go ahead and work hard. Wishing you luck!
How about salve or ajay bahl or ajay vohra and similar others highly successful CA turned lawyers?