Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Has anyone here done a successful transition from law firm to in house in last couple of years and has had ship sailing smoothly with little compromise on pay and better work life.

Please pen down the experience.
I have transitioned as follows: boutique-MNC-T1-PSU-T1. All this in 9years. No wonder I had the best time (learning+personality development) with MNC, followed by T1. Every transition came with industry standard pay hike, except the PSU (in hand dropped by ~30%, but perks (non taxable) compensated for the loss). In house is a good experience, if in a MNC. Indian companies won't be able to offer the liberty/freedom to take the risk and the level of empowerment that MNC offers. Ofcourse, the culture of calling by names and not sir/madam is another advantage of working in MNC. You also get to work on foreign jurisdiction matters.

In terms of work-life balance, there was no actual work in a PSU and so I had the best personal life. Also "job security" is something that only a PSU can offer. There's no learning, you've to blindly follow your boss' instructions. The survivor gets promoted, ofcourse he has to be aligned with the management. While you might be working in the so called "your field of interest", the majority of your tasks in a PSU would be menial, stupid, mindless..