Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Re RBYC, I think the rumours of a 50 year waiting list are BS. I know a NON-NEPO KID from a MIDDLE CLASS family who became a member in his 40s. He is a partner at a T1 and a NON-NLU grad. I wonder how it's possible? Do you need an influential high net worth client to back you, like Ratan Tata or Mukesh Ambani? Or is there corporate membership offered to T1 firms?

Re Chambers, you need to pay 1 cr one-time and a recurring annual charge, but you need to be invited. How does this work? Can you cold-call the Taj and ask for an invitation, or should you ask an existing member to ask them to invite you?
Please don't waste your time and money on club memberships. As someone who has observed that world closely enough I can tell you that these are rife with old geysers - who are more a waste of time than an actual source of meaningful T1 level billable work.
Because CEOs are too busy to go to clubs. Only retired people have the time. There are bigwigs who go to Chambers, but for business meetings or private engagements (like Mahua Moitra's party, as we saw). They don't mingle with people outside the room.

It's much better to go to conferences: starting with CII and FICCI and ending with Davos.
Every club has different categories of membership. In some of them, the easiest membership to get is a "temporary" or "associate" membership. It's valid for a few years and costs a few lakhs. It gives you access to the clubs, and you can take guests. It has lots of drawbacks- your kids can't get membership, you can't nominate new members or attend AGMS, and you will find that "a few years" runs out quite quickly, and you cannot get back in, because these memberships are not renewable.

Corporate memberships cost upwards of a crore at most clubs, and your full time employment at that corporate need to be certified by your statutory auditor.

RBYC opens its doors to membership every few years. Call them up and ask them the procedure. You will need a few members to ratify your application.