Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
I understand that they are senior advocates, but I really want to understand how big of a heavyweights they are. Are they like the next Sibal, AMS, or Salve?

The question arose because I always see their name popping up here. Is it because they are from NLS, hence favored here - platform largely visited by NLU bros.
you will have to sell houses to get them to say one sentence in court.
Haha I don't think GSanks is shanking anyone.

In all seriousness, he's a great arguing counsel. On his day he's one of the best I have seen.

I am much less convinced by RR. He's a darling of all firms because his office preps him well, but I feel that he is not aggressive enough and doesn't push for reliefs. He is a good choice for extremely large companies who don't particularly care, I guess.
What nepo circle? The same KKV story that has already been rendered false multiple times on these threads or something new?

For a guy without lawyers or politicians in the family to come from Bangalore and set up home in Delhi from scratch, he has my respect. Even now, his home and office are rented. His wife is also from a middle class Chennai background. I have never seen anything nepo about him and I have been here in the SC for more than 15 years.

Nepo guys have everything given to them on a platter - clients, briefs, cars, flats. I think it's very unfair to keep using that term just because someone has done well for himself / herself.
Not KKV story. I know that. Moreover I said nepo circle , not Nepo FAMILY.

1) His father was friends with KKV

2) Gsanks took an year or two break (or maybe months) after law school before jumping into litigation scene.

3) There is an interview of gsanks all the whole he was in Law School at a youtube channel interviewing Sr Adv (Retd Justice ) Indu Malhotra. Speaks a lot.

He had connections.
1. Being "friends" means Nepo circle?

2. He did an LLM, he joined KKV and then took a two year break. What does that have to do with Nepo?

3. When Gsanks was in Law School, YouTube had not been invented!!! He did that interview ten years later, when he was in practise, in fact in her own chamber!

This is called research?!!
Law School alum here. GS is related to KKV (grand-nephew) but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's arguably the #1 senior in the country today and will almost certainly serve as SG or AG in the next 10-15 years.
RR has good juniors who brief him well. So RR is always well prepared for cases. However, my gripe after briefing him several times was that he's not the best choice for interim reliefs et cetera (except for routine IP matters).
I have briefed him on multiple matters at his chambers... Only good experiences, always gets the relief I want (non ip)
I interned in chamber of RR sir sometime ago.

His personality is good like others say. Worlload is Extreme. Likes others say, he is generous and pays well but yes crazy work hours.

When I had joined only 2 juniors were doing monumental work.It is really competent jumiors who research, make notes of arguments and brief the senior.

It is like that with any senior counsel.

So yes, whatever this person has said is true.
Bro I guess we can stop comparing the bothe play in diff. Court and have their own strengths if you got in good luck
Koi shi se jawab nhi deta. I am certain LI is plagued with law students with very few advocates and associates visiting this place.
Why has the letter comment been removed? It was not trollish, did not abuse or disparage anyone and was not even politically incorrect. Nor was it marked trollish or contested. The only answer now is that mods are deleting comments which they don't like personally. This is what comes of making random and unknown people as mods.

@Kian: I demand justice, transparency or at least a mod position so that I can abuse power too!
Can we all keep our gunpowder dry until Jai Dehadrai's letter to the CJI is magically leaked and published by the media? 😉 Trust me, you guys will be writing essays instead or short comments once you see the letter (a journalist friend has told me what the letter supposedly says, according to Delhi Press Club chatter).