Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
Seriously?

Forget Mr. Sorabjee. As a lawyer, Cyril is NOWHERE close to even his juniors.
Is Cyril Amarchand a real person? Is Cyril Sheriff a real lawyer? Is he a lawyer or a businessman who sells lawyers? Aasma hai neela kyu? Paani geela kyu? Will Rishabh Cyril be able to survive one Cyril Sorabjee is "no more"? Will Cyril Soli improve the lives of people by being "no more"? Will Cyril Amarchand be offended reading this from his ivory tower, and ignore the fact that the practices promoted by him and culture fostered by him have lead to the health of many a lawyer being trashed? Quantum physics why go whoosh over head? Melody itni chocolatey kyu hai? Why first year law student write every thought howsoever coherent, down as a Legally India thread?

I was in a rubber room once
Hilarious.

I am in that rubber room, currently. Look forward to giving notice to the so-called partner (/glorified PA) I report to, after picking up my bonus. Sick of the shit but need to hang in since money isn't abundant at the moment and Lyril has never been the best paymaster anyhow.

A bit concerned that I might get too exasperated and give notice before that thereby losing my bonus. But dekha jaayega.

While we all know law firms aren't employee friendly, CAM is unhealthy for lawyers on a different level. I had immense patience as a human before I lateralled here. A few months in, I became an impatient ball of anxiety. The "money" totally has NOT been worth what my life has become.

Mujhe bhi kehna hai, "i WAS in a rubber room once"

Bacha log, Amarchand brand se sway ho ke CAM mat join karna. Maine galti kari, tum mat karna. Zindagi aisi jhand hogi ki tum sochoge "where did i lose the plot and end up in THIS situation". Go to another firm, make slightly less money if need be - not that CAM is the leading paymaster anyhow - a lakh or two less will be worth the trade off in terms of mental health.
Seconded… ex CAM survivor. There needs to be a special rehab for people leaving CAM.

Btw you sound like you were in CAM Delhi?
CAM pays the least in Tier 1s and even many tier 2s like Indus. I don't understand the appeal by toppers.
Very easy. All you need to do is not screw it up, since most people around you will end up doing so.
Any day - that's why he was called the courtroom genius and we all know who I'm talking about
Courtroom Genius is Palkhivala

Sorabjee wrote the book about him and a collection of his speeches
I still maintain that Mr. Sorabjee was the greatest Indian lawyer after Palkhivala and Seervai.
are you dumb? if you are a law student obsessed with law firms and are making this statement, you should stop studying law. And slap yourself for bad research or basic googling skills
Are you comparing a person with a law firm with various practice areas?
Mods not publishing comments about the Shroff family, while Kian himself made a juicy story about their feud when it was happening, which attracted thousands of hits on LI back then. Oh, the irony!
Soli Sorabjee is a person. Cyril Amarchand is a law firm headed by a person named Cyril Shroff. So your homework before posting like an ignorant jackass!
A 7-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.