Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Recently, I sat for an internship interview at a T1 firm. The HR asked me about my CLAT rank, and once I said, she kept on questioning why it is so low. Mind you, I am studying at a T1 NLU and have an above-average class rank. Is it a way for firms to filter out SC/ST students?
You should've asked her why she didnt get to work with actual "HR" teams in companies rather than the paper pushers they are now.
Say that you're NRI-sponsored. Knowing these people and their shallow mindset, they'll think you're a connected person and may bring clients if they hire you.

On a more serious note, avoid CAM at all costs. This question should be a red-flag enough for you. The firm has terrible work culture and some very bad people. You'll slave away at lesser pay relative to your batchmates in other forms. Trilegal, while still a sweatshop, will pay you lakhS more.
Bro HR people know very nicely what NRI in law schools means because they literally tally ranks every year.
Yes and I personally feel it matters. There is nothing to hide right. People should have worked harder anyway
After reading this, I am more certain that I should rather target govt exams instead of running after private jobs.
There was an NLSIU alumnus T1 partner who openly admitted to doing this while comin for Day Zero, on LI. He/she said that they just want to know how people got in to NLUs, whether merit or reservation or NRI or some other quota.
There are NLSIU people still in law firms? One would have thought they have all become clients by now.
That's because he's an idiot. It does not matter how one gets into law school, it matters what one has made of themselves while in law school. As a recruiter, I don't give a rat's ass about one's CLAT rank or reservation. A look at the CV and an interview of 15 minutes are enough for me to figure out whether the person would be a right fit for my team or not. If they have got internship experience in my firm, then I would get the feedback of the team that they have worked with. That's all.