Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Hi Guys,

I want to learn how to prepare the corporate chapter for a due diligence report ? What would be the best way to go around this. I don't have the luxury of learning this on the job, so I would be thankful if someone could point me to resources, including but not limited to, online courses.
Get a DD report from any of the associates? They should be helpful enough to give it to you.
look at the ssa and Cp-Cs checklist if u have made one separately. and collate accordingly.
Why would you go to cp cs? Cp-CS is the crux of dd report, not the dd report itself
some firms have aa sperate cp-cs and requisition checklist which forms the base of the dd report my dear.
The best and most instinctive way of doing it is not reading other reports, rather being aware of the basic legal requirements under company law / fema - illustrative reading below:

Understand the transaction - share issuance / sale / asset sale / business transfer? what are the restrictions / requirements for each.

MOA and its contents, AOA and its contents, Table F.

Corporate actions - BM and A/EGM and how they are convened.

Minutes of BM and A/EGM - how to read them for corporate actions.

Requirements for corporate actions - pref allotments, rights issues, private placements, etc.

Necessary ROC filings

RPTs and compliance

Applicable FEMA regulations for issue of equity and debt securities.

Then you just follow whatever format your firm uses for the chapter. Your knowledge should make you format agnostic - issue spotting is the skill you should strive for, which is why it is not "learning to prepare the corporate chapter", and is being able to diligence the company's corporate books and records.