Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Australia dominated like NLSIU.

Jokes apart, I feel the Blues played well. Special marks to Kohli tho. And Aussies good game!
Aussie did their homework well. Completely outplayed India in each aspect. Hats off to their fielding. Hard luck Team India. Proud of our boys!
Agli bar b yahi hona h.. Bas league matches me top karo.. Knockouts inke bas ki nah h. Abhi bilateral dekhna 3-0 jeetenge
Kya proud? none of it matters if you don't win in the end. Hold them accountable instead of worshipping them!
You have not topped anything in your life. So is nobody proud of you? I am sure at least your parents are.
My take

I suggest we don't make Gods out of cricket team in India. Imagine NZ and Aus loosing and not being accountable to 1.5 billion? I don't think Australia Law website like LI would have discussed their loss had they lost lmao.

We try to hide our failures in other sports by our attempts at silverware from our cricket which is no doubt world-class. But the added pressure just suppresses then even more and it's a vicious cycle.

Still feel Aus as a nation is one of the strongest mental sides across sports, it's in their culture. Sadly the Gujju crowd and Gujju state was in attendance only for photos and insta snaps, pure show of no cricketing heritage.

Note- If 2011 and period thereon has been a sign of rise of India as a cricketing superpower and yet it's Aus who has the WC twice, in such case we can assume India might still go on to dominate cricket for the next 100 years but what Aus has done for the last 100 till date is nothing short of legendary.

BCCI is a shambly run org and with the funds we have india should maybe have become undefeatable or v close to that, the funds distribution even in top 3 nations is vv vastly in our favour.

For me Rohit Sharma deserved the man of the tournament given his change in approach and he was the captain as well. Kohli again legendary but a tad selfish in several phases (didn't hurt the team thankfully).

Proud of Indian team and not the board, but the years of RCB fandom will surely help me cope this better.

No shame in accepting Aus > India in cricketing heritage and clutch performances from players who aren't treated as God but are nothing short of being one. We lose due to players worshipped as God but can't show up on festival due to everyone praying for their visits. :)
A 25-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.