Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
Hi I’m a fresh grad . I’m confused if I should take up a job as a research assistant at a think tank/ public policy org or prepare for judiciary completely. Interest wise I’m okay with both but don’t want to waste time too.

Also if anyone knows what is the career trajectory of a researcher pls share like where would one be after working 5-6 years in public policy?
There are basically 3 paths with different variants for researchers.

1. If you love research, you will probably try to become an academic.

2. If you like impact and stay in the think tank world, you will have to acquire management and leadership skills.

3. If you like research a bit but don't care about the ends or impact then you may end up in a law firm or corporate's public policy team.
100 reacts on LinkedIn posts without anyone reading the paper that u spent a year on!
I'm sure many, if not most, are not researching only to get hundreds of reactions on LinkedIn. I fail to understand how your statement contribute in any manner as far as the central discussion of the thread is concerned. Even content creators and so called career mentors get more visibility on LinkedIn then researchers, but certainly that would not discourage researchers to stay and move-up in their career, as they are not researching only to please the audience on social media.