Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I realize that lucky played its part. The damage is done. However I am applying for internships to law firm of every size and not getting response. So, questions for u all please

(1) is it polite to call them at their office no. to ask status of application

(2) I have now seen syllabus of top law schools and realize that they study M&A and other corporate law subjects in better detail .

My law college had just one paper of company law. I just know few things about company law. Nothing else. Will that be hindrance at this stage ?

(3) can anyone outline procdure / steps to get internship?

Thanking u
Are you still in college, or have you graduated with some work experience?
Bro/sis you are lucky not to have entered the so called top law schools. These universities just produce lawyers who can sit and do repetitive desk jobs in some shitty law offices. The only exception in these law schools is better academic environment compared with normal Universities. But everyone has an opportunity to discard such unequal scenario and Excel with what they have.

If you really want to do wonders and earn decently in this field, then try getting an opportunity with a reputed Advocate. Much better to go into litigation than these shitty law firms.
Hi, I empathize with what you have to say.

I was litigating earlier. I m in financial stress. And i would really prefer repititive desk job. I am in need of job please.

So please shine some light on everybody has opportunity to excel with what they have ?

Here we are not even getting internships
Okay. So top law universities students/grads definitely have an edge when it comes to getting accepted as an intern or for a job in law firms. But since you are a grad from not to so known college and have been litigating, corporate law seems a distant point for you. First of all, be open to various areas. And in my opinion, your best bet would be to grab opportunity with firms in dispute resolution & litigation team. Especially Tier 3/4 law firms in Delhi.

Take up some work in these small firms. And if you get a firm where corporate litigation is one of their expertise, try to learn the nuances of this sector and its practice from your colleagues. Maybe then try moving up to other firms with some experiences.

This goes without saying, that you will continue to struggle financially for about a year at least even after shifting to a metropolitan city. Don't take it as a dejecting news. I am seeing my batchmates who graduated recently, continue to struggle to find a job still. And the struggle may continue even for next 8-10 months for them and many others to finally settle for a job to start their career.

So, start applying. Your litigation experience may come handy to start at least with an internship at these firms. The more exposed you are to realities as to how they operate, you improve your chances of getting a financially strong job.
Dear Law school student. I don't know who has ingrained these facts in your, or maybe you see the LI post on senior advocates pay. Please visit a court in your town and see the state. Speak to seniors, advocates. Please show me 1 person who agrees with your view.

1. Your "reputed advocates" don't seem to believe in paying their juniors. Nor mentoring them. Not even meeting them sometimes.

2. Litigation is 90% a desk job. Interesting and actual strategy work, but desk job. You have to sit and study and write. But with no pay.