Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Hey, either you submit your CV directly to the associate of that Judge. For eg, J. Kulkarni, J. Patel take interns this way. They are traditional in that aspect, and you have to hand deliver the CV. J. Doctor and J. Upadyay also take CVs but their associates are very tough to convince. If you don't have any specific Judge you want to intern submit the application i.e. CV and Cover letter in thr High Court Registery and you'll be alloted a Judge if the Judge needs an Intern. The best way is through contacts, if you yourself don't have any family contacts, work under a Sr. counsel or a well known junior and who knows if he likes your work he just might recommend you.
Hey thanks for the reply. Quite helpful. So do I just bump in their chambers during court hours ? I had plans to do that but it states no entry. Hence in delusion
You can try going in the chambers during break time. But be very careful. Risk Reward you know...
That’s the practice most of my college students have been doing, and seem to be securing Judicial Internships. It comparatively easy if you are from a particular college in Mumbai for BHC Internships.
Hello good afternoon,

I am a first year LLB student. I want to do an internship in the High Court, is this possible?
Hey, it is not possible in your first year. The Judges expect you to know the basics of procedural laws such as CPC and CrPC. Naturally they prefer students after 3rd Year. Also it will not benefit you since you won't understand what's happening in the court room neither you'll be very much involved in the office. I suggest doing a few litigation internships, learning laws such as IPC CrPC CPC and then applying.
Good afternoon,

How can i apply for internship in Bombay High court.

Please reply me as soon as possible.
Hi!

Its a fairly simple procedure. You submit your CV to the judge's associate in his chambers and follow up with them. Preferably go after court hours.
Ideally follow up with the associate every week till you get your joining date or a concrete response. While one chamber confirmed my internship on the same day, another took 3 months to inform me that slots are full until 6 months.
Jugaad. And it ain't that difficult. Tap your alumni network or work under some advocate who will later recommend you there. I did the former, fren did the latter.