Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Student at a tier 1/2 nlu, and so far I have messed up my academics and my extracurriculars to that point that it is pretty pathetic. Is there any scope of turning things around now if I am aiming at a corporate job
just focus on publications and target a specific area of law. Grades may not matter, but you need to be sharp, well read and a master of your craft to hold conversations w Associates & their Seniors as an intern. Best of luck!
Hi I have an internship at Indus Mumbai CM recently, How to hold conversations with seniors and partners?
ECM is a purely diligence based practice my friend, just don't screw up your work whenever told what to do and be proficient with Excel since the life of an ECM guy revolves around Excel and taking comments from the BRLMs. Having said that, I have heard that the Mumbai office bleeds talent every 6 months because of the pressure and work culture (primarily because they hire kids with no prior experience) so I guess its your best bet!
"Grades may not matter"

Mr. SA at Tier 1, aren't you blindly hiring students in the top 10, and then blaming all students for lacking experience and lacking academic writing skills?
No. I hire plenty of people having lower ranks provided that they have other things in their CV to compensate for that. If you have none, then don't others for not recognizing you for your inherent and very well-hidden brilliance.
Hi SA, maybe you do this. Maybe you. Just "you". Ask around even your own HR team what their criteria is.
I think its the team which decides on callbacks and not the HR team kid.
Hi Dear SA,

Could you hint at which firm you are in. Will definitely apply to one that looks at factors other than contacts and partner referrals.