Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
I come from a Tier-3 NLU and have witnessed some really obvious cases of Arbitrary marking of answer sheets of students. I've seen almost the same answers mentioning the same sections and same case laws being marked totally different. Is it normal everywhere? Also, does this happen as well in competitive exams like Judicial Services and UPSC?
It happens across quite a few colleges trust me you have no idea, not just the T-3s but higher ups too
I agree with you. Professors at my NLU were total kaamchors. Never reading projects and randomly giving high marks to their pets, to girls, to people form their community etc.
Can't stand men saying "randomly giving high marks to girls", as if the entire University belongs to men and only men deserve high marks. You could have at least phrased it better ki "girls who did not work hard on their projects" or something but your Y chromosome came in the way
This doesn’t happen at NLS or nalsar as the copies are codified.
Same goes for HNLU. However, one can't codify submissions that are part of internal evaluations. This particular variable creates an unbridgeable divide.
Exactly, pretty much everyone gets the same average marks during end term but the internals are the make or break
Happens in NLS too. Mostly gunners and people who are over enthusiastic in classes get marks over and above what they deserve. Regionalism is prevalent too. Just randomised, arbitrary marking.
I am from NUSRL and here the situation is pathetic. The batch of 2027 usually witnesses this problem to a great extent. Certain people get excessive marks because of favouritism and their background. One of my close frnds is at CNLU Patna. This happens there as well. β€˜Class interaction’ is what dictates Nusrl’s scorecard in academia. The senior batches are still well authenticated. But nowadays the professors have become intolerable especially for the last 3 batches.
A 5-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.