Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Hello Everyone,
I recently completed my LL.M. from WBNUJS and my B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) from Nirma University with four consecutive gold medals. Although I am preparing for the judicial exams, I believe I am more inclined towards academics and being a law faculty. I aspire to have an LL.M. from Oxford, but my financial situation is not such that I can afford it. Many of my friends and faculty members have also suggested me to join academics as they believe I can be good at that. Please suggest to me if I would be able to get any scholarships for Oxford and also what should be the approach to be in legal academia.
That would be very helpful. (Just to mention here that I have an inclination towards Jurisprudence in general, and criminal and feminist jurisprudence in particular, also I have been taking interactive sessions for my juniors since 2020 about various academic and non-academic queries)
No point applying to colleges you can't afford! Your options are then:

- Applying to less competitive colleges where you may get a scholarship: consider EU, Canada, New Zealand etc.

- Stick to doing a PhD in India. NLSIU as your top target. You may also think about JNU (international law).
Oxford doesn’t offer an llm. If you don’t do that much googling how does one begin to help you?
It does offer a degree that is equivalent to an LLM and considered thus by the rest of the world. That's what the BCL is for all practical purposes. Don't quibble with nomenclature.
I mean. Equivalency is not the same thing as the degree being literally an LLM. If someone hasnt googled enough to know the proper nomenclature- how does one begin to help that person? Do they know what the BCL is ? what course work is required? Have they thought even about what they want to study or are they just focussed on "mujhe oxford jaana hain"? why should anyone care more about your career than you do?
Dear Sir/Mam
I have done that much googling and I am aware that Oxford offers BCL instead of LL.M., but it is equivalent to LL.M. elsewhere. However, I apologize for any terminology inaccuracies and appreciate your assistance.