Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I've been working in the General Corporate area of practice and my FiancΓ© is in the Navy. With about 3-4 years of PQE, is there any chance of a Law firm or Company offering me a permanent WFH option since I'd be moving with him wherever he's posted? I really don't want to give up on my career so please let me know what Firms/ Companies might offer me this.
I'm a he and my girlfriend was in forces. Had to simple split up as there was no option to continue
clear jag, otherwise defence is a job enough to save for 2-3, quit and join him. im joking here to clear but not on the jag part
Please apply for Lex Flex policy of Khaitan & Co

It allows permanent WFH if you are ready to accept a cut in your remuneration
I am from a fauji family,

Armed Forces husband is a really bad option for your (OR ANY Wife's) career. Most Officers spouses are housewifes. And your horrible transfers and social duties (parties, wife welfare association) make it impossible to do any meaningful work.

Break up with that Armed forces guy if you want a career.
It's unfortunate but true. Indian armed forces are essentialy patriarchal, where the man is supposed to sacrifice for the nation and his wife is supposed to just be his wife. The social structures within the forces are designed accordingly. Hence 99% of defence wives are housewives. I too am from an armed forces family btw.
I think times are changing and yes our parent's generation this was the case. But I don't see the coming generations following the social structure where 99% of defence wives are homemakers and they hell they shouldn't follow that. A transactional lawyer opting for an in-office or a complete WFH model is absolutely going to be exhausting anyway, but why shouldn't one try? WFH should be an option even otherwise, especially for people with their families living in Tier 2/3 cities.
Negligible chances of you finding a law firm/ company which offers WFH for a legal role. Practically, you have the following two options:

1. Pivot your career: Leave legal practice and join a legal ed-tech, like lawsikho, which offers permanent WFH. Look into allied legal careers, like law firm marketing/ branding etc. The former is a better option as the pay scale is likely going to be better given your experience.

2. Freelance legal work: Build a solid LinkedIn profile, go on Upwork, Fiverr etc. and take on freelance legal work. The caveat is, this will take some time to work out. You'll not find clients immediately. But you'll get to practice law.
You can apply to LexStart Partners. They are a law firm and also provide permanent WFH facility.