Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Hi guys,

I have just recently completed my internship with a tier 1 firm in a niche team. The associates gave me a lot of work and told me personally that my work was really good and really helpful. But HR communications pe pata chala ki feedback form mein toh ulta likha hai when coming to callbacks.

Why do y'all do this? Agar kaam acha nahi hai toh boldo na when we follow up every day for feedback. Why lie? If I knew my work wasn't good, I would've atleast worked on the flaws? Also this gives false hopes and expectations of assessments and PPOs. Just be frank please.
Everyday I get fucking anxiety from reading LI. But also some part of my brain can't just resist clicking on these threads. Sorry for hijacking. I sympathise with you. Sorry man. All I can say is try to find a nice workplace with people who genuinely care about skill development and feedback. I know it's hard but you never know.
It's literally the same at every place Ive interned. All the tier 1s, the associates only keep giving good feedback and drown you in work without proper guidance. Then feedback from pe they shit. Like are you feeling competition from interns getting assessments? Maybe HR / Partner has to be more involved in this.
Same happened to me at Trilegal. I got super good feedback after every assignment but the hr told me nobody filled my feedback form post internship
This happened to me at SAM. Also the HR is really rude for some reason because I didn't get the feedback.
Impossible to happen at 3legal..... They are a meritorious firm that awards excellence. Perhaps you didn't perform upto expectations
The same thing even happens to Associates (A0 and A1). The SA's and PA's tell them to their face that their performance is good, but when the performance review / appraisal session happens, the A0 or A1 is told to their face stuff like "you are burdening the SA/PA", "you are not working hard enough", "it is good both for you and for us if you start looking elsewhere". All of this when the SA's and PA's hardly offer any guidance, training. Asking questions for doubts is looked down upon as a lack of knowledge, and when you do some work and it goes wrong, the same SA/PA says that "you should have asked me bro, no matter how silly your doubt is". Very hypocritical and dishonest work culture.

Really sorry to hear what you went through, Mr/Ms. OP. If they were not happy with your performance, they should have been upfront about it and told you where exactly it is that you are going wrong. Shows that they lack basic decency, empathy and are least bothered about others. On the bright side though, in the long run, you will be thanking your lucky stars that you did not end up at a toxic and cunning place like this.
bhai this is different na. The A0 and A1 may be getting lesser bonus or whatever, but you are employed safely and working, unless fired, But you are employed.

Yahan tho assessment ke barein mein bolraha hu na, I interned with 5 firms, sabka yahin hai, can someone please share what I should do. I have another internship at Indus in some months too.

Losing hope,

Regards.
Bhai, it is not exactly different. It is a mere illusion that an A0 or an A1 is "employed safely", we live under the constant threat of being fired at all times. It is very easy for an SA or PA to give a negative feedback for whatsoever reason (even including not sucking up to them, which will easily be presented as poor performance on the part of the A0 or the A1). Most law firms (At least the so called Tier 1's and many Tier 2's) do not hesitate to fire at the drop of a hat. While I understand and empathise with your situation as an intern, trust me, it is going to get much worse as an associate, and even worse as you go up the ranks. Constant betrayal and back-stabbing at every nook and corner.

I would say target a Tier 3 or Tier 4 firm. Read up extensively about such firms, do your research, and apply accordingly. Give it your 100% in performance (I am sure you are). Things will work out somewhere. I wish you all the best for your internship at Indus. Do not lose hope.
While I do understand that A0s are fired and are not safe, it's totally different in a different way. While I empathise with the situation and dont want to appear pedantic, an intern has 99% chances of not converting, while a A0 or A1, A2 getting fired is not as common or in greater percentage.
Also thank you for the encouragement, but I dont have much hope with Indus as well really. Agar SAM mein nahi hua toh Indus seems unlikely in CM.
Indus CM is already on a freeze and is very very very selective for callbacks/PPOs. Thus, only SAM, KCO, S&R and CAM are your best bets.
S&R and KCO are way more selective than Indus, SnR takes just 1 PPO from each NLU every year, KCO has a single internship policy but is already on freeze. CAM is on a freeze for one year atleast. SAM CM has not been hiring/ calling back in CM for the past months and is possibly in freeze.

Indus mumbai CM faced attrition recently and is hiring I think, can someone authenticate pls. Regards.
where did it face attrition? A linkedin check will help you find that nobody moved from Indus CM. SAM CM had huge attrition last year, Indus stayed the same and KCO took laterals from SNG, Dentons Link Legal and Crawford Bayley (very few freshers).