Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Since there are majority of people who are not feminists and still not protesting against those laws, what do you think is their motive? Do they really want women to have all that power then? My God, is it a conspiracy theory if it seems like the truth? Is the world being populated with closet pro-matriarchy people then? Even paranoids have enemies after all. Wake up and smell the coffee!
The Hindu Marriage Act , 1955 states :

24. Maintenance pendente lite and expenses of proceedings- Where in any proceeding under this Act it appears to the court that either the wife or the husband, as the case may be, has no independent income sufficient for her or his support and the necessary expenses of the proceeding…

25. Permanent alimony and maintenance.β€”(1) Any court exercising jurisdiction under this Act may, at the time of passing any decree or at any time subsequent thereto, on application made to it for the purpose by either the wife or the husband, as the case may be…

How is this β€œagainst men” ?
when was the last time you heard about women paying men a maintenance income.. let me guess.. NEVER
About the same time when I've heard of a man giving up his career to look after the household so that his wife can pursue a successful career.
About the same time I have heard a woman marrying an unemployed man!

Let's continue this thread...
Women in this country marry unemployed men on a regular basis. If you lead a sheltered life, then that's on you. However, your point actually counters your own perspective. Women are taught to be financially dependent on men instead of independent. That's why they prefer to marry employed men, that's why alimony. The answer is to educate everyone and teach them to be financially independent before they need to marry, and then continue to retain that independence even if the husband and in laws want the wife to focus on domestic responsibilities.
Honestly and no BS. I for my marriage through a matrimony site met a lot of women. Those who primarily rejected me were people who wanted Ambanis even though they were more or slightly more from a better financial background - not boasting but a South Mumbai guy, born and bred. It was only people who were from a much much lesser financial background (far off suburbs, difference cities) who said yes. So as much cliche as it may sound, women want men who earn more than them. From a guy who was also happy to sit at home and make the woman chase her dreams - don't want her financial support at the same time, God has been kind.
You're looking for a wife on a matrimonial site? You know that no woman will willingly join these scam places of connecting with strangers online? It's the dad who wants a financial well-off man to look after his daughter. Maybe if you looked at dating women who are colleagues or seniors, you will know women dont give a f if you earn less.

But obviously, why will a well-off person for that matter settle for a broke guy? Why will a dad be fine with that as well? Will you let your daughter marry a broke litigator?

Also why do you generalise everything like this? Fir toh mein bolu ki men who are better well off will ask for more dowry as well to settle that? iska kya bologe?
You are grossly incorrect, at an age of +30, it is women who are there on those sites and not their father. They directly coordinate. And they are looking for a better financial status.

Have met more than a dozen of the above. So from a statistical view point, I think otherwise.
1. Talking about arrange marriages women marry men who are economically and socially better them, talking about love marriages same holds true.

2. Gareeb laundo ka koi nahi hota, infact powerless logo ka koi nahi hota
Many times dude, women actually settle for broke blokes too a lot! Ive seen women destroy their lives because they loved a man who was a drug addict and homeless and she gave him a home and cooked food.
Lol most of my friends in their early 20s dated guys who were broke af because they "loved him and job mil jayegi". But experience had to open their world to guys who aren't lazy af and actually go to work and earn shit. Nobody wants unemployed spouses.

Also when you marry an unemployed woman, dont you expect her to work in the house as well or something to even it? Will an unemployed man do that, lol just for one Insta reel that's it.
Bass karo digression champs. The OP is alleging that the LAWS of this country are against men , which by the way is a serious allegation , and you guys are whining about what you’ve β€œheard”. Substantiate karo.
So you dont understand social circumstances in our society? When 90% women are married off without allowing them to pursue higher education with men. Also the fathers decide that the man has to be well-off. And now when there's divorce without any fault with the woman mandating maintenance, you are blaming the woman?
The problem is, it's not that 10% educated, who have found someone way better off then them, don't ask for and get sizable maintenance. Also, so many girls never bother to work since ultimately they'll get married so what's the use of marriage. We have a default mentality that a guy has to ensure maintenance of wife for entire life, despite all the feminists who ask for equal sharing of household chores and responsibilities! Ask them to also equally manage house economy and also not to ask for any alimony and update.
A 49-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.