Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
Hi - what is the best time to move in house from a law firm? Any particular designation that I need to wait it out before moving? What are few best options for a M&A lawyer. Thanks.
Hi. I have worked in all areas of law i.e. Litigation, Tier-2 firms, In-house and in my opinion if you have 1+ pqe of working in general corporate advisory then your chances of landing on an in-house jobs are more. Also, try to create your CV with more emphasis on contract drafting, agreements etc because that is the most sort out after position in corporate sector. Also, if you carry a name/tag of a big law firm then there are chances of your easy selection since most of the head legal are from tier-1/2 law firms. Your profile of M&A lawyer will come handy since you are already aware of due diligence process and possess knowledge of discrepancies of compliances etc. There are corporates which looks for a dedicated resource having hands on experience in M&A for eg: Greenko Solar etc. So keep applying, there lies great work life balance and opportunities in corporate sector. All the best.