Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Please Tell Do Tier 1 Tax lawyers are paid less in comparison to M&A or Capital Markets Lawyers from A0 till Senior Partner Level . If Yes Than how much difference is? And Is It good to choose tax instead of M&A or Cap Markets I mean is it safe for future upcoming lawyers nah ?
Depends from partner to partner. Just make sure you are getting into a transactional banking team and not the one which actively mixes Restructuring/Insolvency i.e. RP mandates and allied litigation advisory work for more lucrative growth + pay.
But in tier 1 law firms it generally said nah that m&a and cap mar lawyer become partner in 8 to 10 years but tax lawyers land up on posts such as sa or pa only after 10 years they become partner after 14 years generally and they get less pay in comparison to m&a or cap Markets I mean Partners from corporate make 1cr but tax lawyers don't reach this kind of numbers in tier 1. Is these things are true ?
Yes. Tax lawyers are paid less at all levels. It is a support practice - in most cases.
Tax lawyers earn less in corporate law firms but if you have your own practice, then litigating at CIT and ITAT will get you pretty much same money as a partner at a tier 1 law firm. Without your work life balance going for a toss.