Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
1. Don't pigeonhole your answers to "corporate law." Diverse views are invited.

2. Would love to hear the opinions of practitioners, too.
Agreed. I did some patent related work in an internship. Will never think of doing it again.
The pharma sector for IPR is also scary. The judges just keep rescuing themselves from having to listen to the technicalities involved.
Apart from some give-and-take basis the sector, the structure of work is mostly repetitive. But still, a lot of legal work (in terms of variety) to be done for every deal.
It gets crazy sometimes but never very technical once you get a handle on how transactions work.
Capmarks, Insolvency and IDT is great. M&A, B&F and Competition is very dry.
Competition litigation for sure one has to have economic knowledge i have done one moot so i knew that thoda toh mushkil hai
Constitutional Law. By miles. It includes every area of law PLUS sociology, history, politics and economics
Tax law and tech law, subsets of which are cyber law, biotech law, patents and copyright etc.
White Collar crimes (not the BS that firms do, but actual trials) that require good knowledge of criminal law as well as an understanding of a business industry (along with some knowledge of corporate law).

Apart from that, Tax is dynamic and has a bigger learning curve.

M&A as well as PE/VC is great fun at senior levels (PA and above)...or maybe it just feels better after doing your share of DDs.
This is bs. Maybe the market favours those who do the Grunt boring work? Constitutional lawyers, who arguably perform the most mind grinding and stimulating work don't earn anything, and so do most criminal litigators
Capmarks because the work is too repetitive. You will become mentally challenged.
lol true, having interned at SAM, Indus, Bharucha , JSA ECM I can attest, would love to work with CAM though if someone is willing to help :((