Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Both the blocs as of now seem to be of no good and no matter who is elected in 2024, I don't see any growth happening. The current NDA government is pathetic, misusing various agencies such as the ED, IT Department, CBI as a way to threaten critics and opposition leaders and also enforces draconian laws and provisions such as the UAPA and Sedition. The buying out of the media and the press is also truly concerning. No wonder in all indices relating to the freedom of press and expression, India's ranking keeps falling and is always near the bottom. The constant communal polarisation and mistreatment of minorities on the grounds of religion along with promoting chest-thumping nationalism is also a matter of great concern.

On the other hand, the INDIA alliance hardly seems to be any better. It consists of various goons who would not hesitate to do the same if they come into power and seek to divide the country on the basis of Caste, promoting a revitalization of Mandal politics which'll set India on a backwards path yet again, with them calling for the 50% cap set by Indira Sawhney to be overruled. While I'm in favour of affirmative action for adequate upliftment and representation of historically oppressed communities, at the rate which they are going, we'll end up with less than 1/5th of the seats being unreserved and in general shall lead to a massive divide on the basis of Caste and other such matters.

Considering this, I simply don't feel like I can in good conscience vote for either bloc and am extremely concerned about the future. The nation has a lot going for it currently, with stable and decent economic growth along with the current demographic situation being ideal at least for the next 20 years, however regardless of this, I find myself perturbed and don't know what to do. Any insights from fellow commenters and leaders from LI?
Ghar chalane apna. Don't whine and whimper like a MUN kid. Focus on your personal life and growth, leave politics unless you want to have a political career.
wait till bjp gets a higher majority and power to control us even more...