Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
I recently had to leave my job in the general corporate area of practice as I saw ABSOLUTELY no growth in my position there. Graduated in 2022 and wouldn't have left without another offer in hand but had to as there was barely any work and to cover that up I was told to work on blogs for the firm. I have been cold-emailing partners and HRs for in-house position as well. But this job hunting is turning out to be a bitch. Is there a way out or any any solution out there?? I have been desperately trying out all means, I've even mentioned that I am open to an assessment internship to make up for the shitty experience I got for year in my last firm.
Nope, its a boutique firm with a very small team can’t name it
I am really sorry for you. The harsh truth is, in-house teams prefer work-ex of 3 to 4 years in same practice so landing any position is difficult for outsiders with law firm experience. Secondly, cold emails only work as a fresher, now you need referrals for positions like deputy managers or team leads. And lastly, sending emails for long term internship is a waste of time after 2 yrs PQE, send emails for vacant positions instead. All the best!
Chances of a cold email working may be less unfortunately. Also, one of the previous comments are correct - in house lawyers generally prefer a higher PQE. Something that might help you is networking and upskilling. Networking - reach out to friends, seniors, mentors, alumni networks. This is honestly the fastest way to get a job. Upskilling - if you have already left your old job, this will help ensure that you have something to fill the gap in your CV. Do online courses, go teach small sessions somewhere, just keep active. Wishing you best of luck!
If you want immediate work, and you’re in Mumbai, apply to Fashion tv, mention that you’ve worked on agreements and contracts. But it’s not a long term suggestion so better apply to good small firms.
A 15-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
Haa do nahi ek saal. I’m asking for genuine tips so please keep please keep your snide comments to yourself. Thanks
There was no intention for passing snide remark on your difficulties. You misconstrued. I've worked alongside Section Head- Legal at Grasim, so please do not take my words as offensive. Even after pqe 1 year, in-house lateral hiring happens through referrals. They have an internal system and CV gets shortlisted on the basis of preference given to internally referred candidate, there is fiduciary element attached. Dig your contacts working in industries, and circulate your updated CV. Again, all the best. Don't lose hope. (P.S. put necessary key words to raise chances of landing interview)