Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
Probably not. Even from a visual pov, there are a lot better animes. That being said, jjk makea tough point since they do not have overarching arcs that are completely pointless to the story. Top 30 is more like it (I am taking the liberty of not restricting this list to any particular genre).
nah in my opinion its visually almost close to perfect, never seen something so crisp, but its subjective, its my type of art style
AOT first two seasons. Absolute masterpiece

Personal favourite elfen lied, Neon Genesis, Hajimeno Ippo.
Fair, i personally don't factor in graphics/animation style while ranking an anime
ddddddoooooooorrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeemmmmmmoooooooooooonnnnnnn

doreamon
Rather interesting choice, it grossed over 85 billion dollars world wide, i suppose you have not viewed more intricate ones like Neon Genesis Evangelion, or Bepop yet
More underrated ones- Summertime Rendering, Tomodachi Game, 91 Days
I also liked Death Note and FMA-BH a lot. I like the shorter format anime more, though JJK has its charm
While I'm uncertain if it's the greatest anime of all time, 'Akira' certainly stands out for me. From its compelling storyline, distinctive animation style, and memorable music to its richly developed characters, every aspect of this piece of art/complete cinema captivates me. 'Akira' may resonate differently with each viewer. Some might interpret it as a coming-of-age tale, while others could see it as the rise of a hero against an overwhelming adversary. Personally, I perceive 'Akira' as a representation of the circle of life, symbolized by the post-apocalyptic city of Tokyo (Neo-Tokyo). It mirrors the birth of the universe and takes viewers on a spiritual journey through the medium of anime. Ultimately, it underscores the cyclical nature of existence: rigged to collapse under its own magnitude, only to be born again.