Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I have this theory that only unhappy people from our profession are using LI (along with students ofc), because people interested or doing well in law would not come here to rant and gossip (ik less in number but I'm sure such people exist). As a result we see continuously the recd to do MBA by freshers who are not old enough or don't have friends in management to realise that mose MBA grads Inc your top iims are going through the same paper pushing and PowerPoint jobs. It's a corporate job ffs, it's not supposed to be uber exciting no. Plus the fact that after studying almost nothing for over 5 years seriously we get jobs which may this much is a blessing. I mean I know work hours are def the worst but think of doctor friends. The obsession with MBA needs to end because it's not like you'll suddenly enjoy your job as an MBA. We are all utlimately gonna work for someone else and hence difficult to find a belonging or attachment with the work. In such case best to start your practice.
You studied jn which law school here jn t1,t2 and t3 nlu we have learn every law by heart give exam by having analytical view on the situation given. Even in one t2 nlu we have to learm draft of sale deed for dpc exam to write dpc exam. You would have studied in farzi laa college where you would have given exam by not studying
Its not about work hours or the excitement of job. Its about the multiple doors an MBA from a top B-school opens for you. As per the "difficult to find belonging and attachment to work" aspect you have mentioned, you seem to have assumed that everyone is unhappy with their job, which is obviously not the case. I personally know people in PM and general management roles at Google, Atlassian etc. who are pretty happy with their jobs and the fact that you can earn upwards of 80LPA without having to shed your blood, sweat and tears.
The doctor friends atleast earn equivalent to their harsh hours. If overtime pay was a thing In law firms it would have atleast been a fair argument.

Whilst the profession itself is very fun, the culture completely ruins it. You are neglecting work hours very easily when it is the most important thing in your life. Maybe not now as a law school graduate or an a0 but when your parents get old, you have kids, you will definitely start to feel the burden.

Most t1 lawyers don't even get the weekends free to go out for a small trip with the spouse. What even is the point in earning when you can't even "live"
An MBA degree is 10 times better than a law degree. Opens up lots of options, including chances of going abroad. I didn’t appear for the CAT/GMAT as I am weak in maths and would have only made it to a tier 5 or tier 6 MBA institute (in which case an NLU law degree is possibly better).
I realised there is a lot of negative perception on LI when I met 2 new joinees from 2 of the Big 5 firms for brunch. They were both doing very well, one guy was on his 3rd week where he had travelled back home due to the WFH policy. Im sure there is a lot of demerits as well but honestly the amount of hopelessness 80% of people peddle on here is insane. As a non-NLU and non-Corp person it was a reality check cause Id just started working and already was disillusioned with law.