Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
This is gold, tag notwithstanding! LI forum unite to make this come true!
Wrong choice. Should have gone to Greta. Her impact has been global and she is the voice of our generation, whereas this is just some local activist.
Who has actually gone to more trouble than being an armchair activist and writing emails.
A white figurehead, travelling around the world, getting paid, meeting celebrities asking people to give up coal and petroleum, after her people became rich doing the same?

What has she done for world peace?

One thing?

Did she solve a conflict?

Did she campaign against WMDs?

Did she fight against religious nuts?

She is doing what committees in every liberal arts university are doing, it's just she is privileged.

Girls in Asia and Africa are doing 100 times more to protect environment.

All she does is rant.
I mean in all fairness, greta hasnt campaigned for "peace" or "human rights" nearly enough as narges has
Can’t imagine how insufferable Greta would be with a Nobel…..Maybe they don’t want to damage the brand by giving it to a unhinged 20 something with a whole life ahead…
Don’t see what she has done or achieved to deserve such a prize. Being jailed for 16 years is no qualification. Our home grown stars like Rana Kapoor, Dewans etc should be getting the prize going by this logic. If not then, atleast our poor undertrials who languish for years.
Damn man everytime I come on this site and think a comment can't get any dumber people like you come and prove me wrong.

If you really "don't see" what she has done or achieved then brother, it's about time you stop jerking off to law books and wipe that partner's jizz off your eyes to read about the things that have been going on in Iran.

Read up why she is constantly jailed and read about this word called oppression, it will make you help "see" it

Goddamn idiot compared a pig who got in for a scam to an activist who has been constantly criticizing the regime and fighting for women's right all her life despite all the odds against her
So how does that help peace? If anything she has created more conflict in the system. Those Persians signed up for this system of governance when they overthrow Pahlavi. I have zero sympathy for those indoctrinates. I reiterate - being jailed for over a decade doesn’t give you any qualifications for this prize. Give it to those who have contributed to lasting peace. One can say the Taliban are deserving of it - after 20 years of civil war, Afganistan is finally at peace. It’s a pity you don’t open your mind and think and swallow whatever you are fed. Such is the life of sheep I suppose.
"How does that help peace? If anything she has created more conflict in the system."

yep absolutely right, Iranians under the current regime should just accept their situation honestly. Any struggle is nonsensical because well...immediate peace isn't granted and anything that doesn't weed out results instantly is fruitless. You get it man, a fight against oppression is TOTALLY not cool cause like what are they even doing? just making some noise... all hurr Durr violence bad me good.

Infact yk what, Gandhi was an absolute loser too the oldie persisted against muh lord Britishers for two decades! lmao what an absolute joke, same with bhagat singh...lmao the guy basically killed himself just for freedom and now we praise him?? UNFORGIVABLE. The only thing he did was create and perpetuate a cycle of violence! which is like...just not cool man, could've just accepted his life of being a slave, yeah? but those bastards just had to do it.

same goes for this woman, why even try fighting against the inequality ? like c'mon now, your older generation did a mistake rooting out the dynasty and now the young girls who have nothing to do with that generation are paying for it...rightfully so.

Why even try raising your voice against the unreasonable immediate death penalties? like just accept it man, keep your head down follow whatever your government wants and boom! PEACE??! it's really that simple. You get the formula to peace man. You really do. We should just not be a sheep (haha) and accept whatever the government implements however unfair or tyrannical may it be, cause at the end muh being silent (peace)>muh freedom ✍️πŸ”₯ preach brother preach
The title is drafted as if Greta ever had a chance at Noble. I am surprised OP thought she is actually a contender or ever was, at any point of time.
A 30-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.