Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Gopal Sankaranarayanan criticised Menaka Guruswamy over her article last week in Indian Express where she opined that it would be shameful to watch India-Pak match in the wake of killing of four Indian army personnel in Pak-sponsored terror attacks.

Today Sankarnarayanan rebuked her in strong words.

Views?
Never understood the hubris of people, who think they are so smart and intellectual that they should right editorials in national newspapers on topics that have nothing to do with their field. Specially with MG one days she’s an expert of foreign policy, next day military strategy, then pandemic and another on global economics. Understand that Indian Express needs free content but they should really see who they are asking to write and what topic..they are turning into TOI for people with 100-120 IQ
MG is a Time 100 honoree for arguing the 377 matter. She has a PhD from Oxford. You sound super-jealous.
I don't mean to be rude, but honestly, NO ONE CARES. If I ever need bail I’d be getting Rohatgi or sidlu and 100 non senior good lawyers before I’d engage a β€˜Time 100 honoree’ with a phd in some genderojurisprufuck studies from Oxford. You seem like a college students who hasn’t been around and is impressed with β€˜intellectual’ vanity.
PS: I’m not the guy who made the first comment of no one cares.
Just coz they are from NLS, there words carry more weight? Shape up guys, world is way beyond nlus.
Both are highly accomplished lawyers and some of the sharpest legal minds. I believe both are just putting forward their cases.

However, if I'm being honest, MG is a bit of self-proclaimed jack of all trades which results in errors sometimes. If you read IE regularly, you'd have noticed recurring errors in interpretation and facts in past columns as well.
Are you serious?

Gsanks has hundreds of appearances a year, continuously argues some of the most important Constitutional law cases, is an amicus in dozens. MG just keeps on bandying about same sex cases which are in fact private interest for her. Where do you get that she is a sharp legal mind or accomplished? Yes, she has a PhD, but that's it.