Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hi everyone, I am an A0 from batch of 23 working at an tier-1. How does the probation period work for A0s? Do firms normally confirm the probation period? Can associates switch to another team within the same firm after probation is confirmed? Under what circumstances will probation not be confirmed?

Most of us have probation period of 6 months so so ideally ends in Jan/Fev 2024. From what I heard for the previous batch probation was largely confirmed unless an A0 messes real bad on a transaction/client matter.

Any inputs on this would be greatly helpful. I know a lot of us A0s are in the same boat. Will the Partner take into consideration the number of billable matters or the quality of billable matters done? Do non-billable matters get any consideration?

Thanks!
Please don’t think about billables so much. You will be assessed more on your ability to handle the information and pressure coming your way and your attitude towards work. This is more difficult than it sounds. When there are urgent deliverables all around, your weekends are spent in working and you are constantly put on matters you have no background about, it can get very hectic.

So try to just absorb as much as possible and keep asking questions because the transactions move very fast, and you will often feel left behind.

Cheers!
What ideally is the next course of action if the probation is not confirmed after a period of 6 months? Do they wait for another month or two or ask the associate to look for a job elsewhere?
In case probation is not confirmed, do A0s need to pay back a portion of the six month salary?