Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
I have more than 7 years of experience working with IP Boutique firm (~2years) and MNC. Having specialized in patents, I find it less interesting to now continue working in the MNC. I have heard a lot of good things about the Patent practice at KCO and that they are expanding like anything these days. With that experience, can anyone please share his/her experience with IP practice at KCO? Also, what should be the figure (fixed + bonus) I can negotiate during HR discussions, if any? Any other leads or job opportunities in Tier I or boutique would be very helpful. Thanks!
I was part of the team before I decided to move out for better growth prospects. Yes, it is true that the Patents practice is expanding rapidly. However, there is high attrition as well especially from the IIT KGP Law ones who are brought into with sugary words on the quality of the work (read patents contentious and advisory matter), but they never get to get a slice of the pie - you can easily confirm the exit ration data on LinkedIn or seek information from IIT - KGP law folks. Also, if you are inclined to join, have a clear discussions on the specifics of bonus component and career progression (they tend to provide vague responses often) as the team is heavy on the top unless you do not want to stay for long and looking at as a stop gap solution.
I really appreciate your response on this. Certainly I've seen a lot of IITkgp public joining in bulk and still working there currently, at least as per LinkedIn. Given the intake, the outgoing doesn't seems to be so high. I might not have internal insights here and might be factually incorrect.

Would it be possible for you to comment on the pay aspects? I've got to know that they offer purely fixed pay and that the variable component entirely depends on your billables/work quality. Given my experience range of 7y, what should I expect? And also what do you think would be the variable component? A range would be very helpful depending on what you've experienced. Thanks!
minimum of 2.30 to 2.70 lakhs per month should be the ideal figure basis industry standard. I am currently working with an IP boutique and based out of Delhi and this is what boutiques pay here atleast. Variable component should be 2-3 months of salary. You should be pushing for 35-37 lakhs yearly.