Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
I am exploring the possibility of transitioning from my current in-house role to a law firm setting, and I would greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations regarding job vacancies at the A0 level in Tier 1 and Tier 2 law firms.
Hi, I had switched from in house to boutique law firm in the general corporate advisory. I don't think that tier-1 will take you up simply because they have a prejudice against in house of being 9-5 employee and they (law firm lawyers) operate 12-14 hours a day. So my suggestion for you is to first join a boutique or tier-2/3 firm and then after 1-2 years start applying through recruiters for lateral hiring. But I must caution you, timings in law firms are grilling and there are no security as such. I hope you must have strong reason for making such a switch. I made a switch and could not handle law firms timing for more than 6 months and had to again revert back to in house. My reason for switch was simple- I wanted to explore and experience all types of opportunities that law has to offer. I worked in litigation, companies, qualified NET( academics), firms etc. And finally found that in house is something that suits my personality and goals. Best of luck. All the best.