Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hey,
We have been researching and working on custom trained AI model specifically for judicial uses. It can help you all in summarizing cases, creating letters, etc, it can even pull up any references or insights from 5.4 million past Indian cases. Which means, you won't have to go to multiple sources to fetch some data. Before we go ahead with this, we wanted to verify that it's need actually exists.

Our ears are all open, you guys can suggest anything that can be done to simplify your life and work, and we will consider it.

Do give your opinion, thank you!
Find that one proposition that does not exist yet my senior insists "it exists in some case law... Look harder. You are bound to find it."

Idc if you make it up as a fictional case law. Just get it done. Will save the sleeping hours of countless juniors!
A Partner at L&L did the same thing with his A0, and when the A0 couldn't find the case, he emailed him disparaging him for not being able to find the case law. In his email, he sent 3 case laws, and asked the Associate to send him the soft copy.

The Associate couldn't find the case laws, and later when he asked the Partner if he used ChatGPT, tha Partner answered in affirmative, and then continued to disparage the associate by telling him that he had to use ChatGPT because the associate was worthless.

The funniest part is that the Associate was a cheeky bastard and recorded the conversation. I heard it myself, and it was a laughing riot.
Need is always there, the question boils down to what extent your product will fulfill that need. I am not too impressed with how you have explained it (what is 'creating letters'? Do you mean drafting?). Additionally, what insights can it pull up? Is the database of 5.4M cases IndianKanoon? Why not also look at academic articles/books? Regards