Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
I'm a female lawyer and have always wanted to be a part of Indian Politics, I want to be an active member of BJP and move forward in the party, helping towards the development of our country! Can someone guide me, on how to go about it?
join the young thinkers group, the org which had the conference at nliu

they are looking for articulate presenters, a female lawyer would be a catch

if you want to go downmarket then the female vounteer at shakha or Durga vahini is also available

if you do not want to build a ground connect, then connect with the bjp lawyer cell at your city, go to few of their meetings, and see how things proceed
Sounds more like a hunger for power and political office.

Anyhow, your options for entry in today's BJP are (i) belong to a family entrenched in the party/have enough money that you can buy your way in (generational wealth levels), or (ii) be a hoodlum dangai. This isn't the BJP from the days of Vajpayee or Jaitley or the likes.

Since you're asking the questions you are, (i) is clearly not an option for you. So, try going on social media and say the most hateful shit. Bonus points if you can do it in a slightly urbane manner - you may get their diversity quota.
Hey, you need to join the Aayam. Now you may think what is Aayam? It is but a collection of RSS family organizations. Because of your current profession, the most suited for you would be Akhil Bhartiya Adhivakta Parishad. Once there, work and show your potential so that you can move ahead in the ranks.

Unlike the other political parties, nepotism is not that rapant in BJP. However, there is still some tinch of it present. Once, you have impressed people with your work, you can move ahead in the ranks and hopefully join BJP.

I will not suggest getting in through contacts as the present leadership prefers people who have proven their worth over people who have taken a shortcut. All the best.
This is easy. Your job is to convince people that they are voting for development and are not participating in the crushing of minorities. All you have to do is pretend to be an expert on something that most people don't understand. Here are some phrases you can parrot on TV:

1. My only holy book is the Constitution.

2. We only want development, we are not focused on religion.

3. It has long been obvious that we are judged through Western Orientalist perspectives. The details are a little technical, but they are not right for India.

4. We should not be afraid to look at dharmic laws if they are fair to everyone and are appropriate for the diversity of this country. The details are a little technical, but I am an expert and they will work perfectly well.

5. Our current rules on separation of duties are actually meant to protect the British people from disputes between the King and the Archbishop. They are not right for a country like India. The details are a little technical, but I am an expert on this.

6. Hindenburg is a short seller and they have a clear conflict of interest in publishing any report. They have deliberately brought out this report to bring down the share price. The details are a little technical, but I am an expert.

7. Science has long shown that Sanskrit has the most logical grammatical framework. All our laws are in English, and as an expert in laws, I can tell you that we will have clear, rule-based systems if our laws are written in Sanskrit. The details are a little technical, but I am an expert.

8. We are committed to the environment. Meat-eating has been shown to have a tremendous negative effect on the environment. The details are a little technical, but I am an expert on this.
Geniune suggestion... In campus join "Think India" and work your way up from there. Outside of campus... join "The Rashtra Sevika Samiti" (National Women Volunteers Committee).. that's the women's wing from RSS.

We may criticise BJP, NDA and RSS loads, but the truth is that there are more chances to climb the ladder and become an MLA or MP without nepotism and family background via the RSS framework.

However, politics is not a joke, if you do wish to join it remember the only moral purity left will be your neta waale-white kurta pajamas. If you really wish to change the country without compromising your values... join Civil Services, Armed forces, NGOs or policy think tanks.. policy formulation is not done by politicians, they only stamp their names on it.