Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
T1 NLU. Got day zero offer. Now have another PPO from better place after my final internship there, can I leave the day 0 offer for this one?
I'm not bound to not change my day zero offer right. I can take better offers right
Boss, you are going to be a lawyer soon. Please learn to distinguish between offers and contracts. You did not sign anything yet. Nor have you accepted any signing bonus by way of consideration. You're free to do whatever you wish. Now if the law firm holds a grudge and doesn't let you in as a lateral entry later, then that's on them. Normally, they don't care much if you don't raise a hue and cry about it. Do remember to get a signed agreement from the second firm preferably though, before you inform the first one.
You need to send a mail to the RCC saying that u accept the offer and that makes it a valid and binding contract. The firm can sue you even though the chances are rare cuz it will cost significantly lesser to replace you than spending on litigation. Another problem is that word spreads very fast within the industry and you may just end up making a bad name for yourself at the very start of yo career.
You can do it. Accept the 2nd offer first then send a mail to the first company saying that you can't join because of personal reasons etc... Around 10 months are still left before your starting date so I don't think they will worry much!
My goodness, please don't venture anywhere near a client with such knowledge of law.
Are dada bata na kya karna. Can I reject the offer for another place before I join
Trimex International FZE vs Vedanta Aluminum Limited; Read this case, if you find time!
Kar le bhai, be selfish, at the end of the day, it was your hard work, it is you who is responsible for yourself, these people will say it is unethical etc, etc, all these things don't matter.