Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
What monthly income in your subjective opinion in India makes you rich? Not talking about expenses etc., which might make high earning individuals save very little. Just want to know about the range in your view?
"Rich" is quite subjective, just as skinny fat and real fat are both fat fat.

But objectively, a monthly income over 10l-15L after taxes puts u definitely in the rich category, AFTER you have "wealth" netting around 5 to 6 crore (this is cash wealth, meaning easily liquid) AND have a property excluding this in the 4 to 5 cr range
By netting 5-6 cr, you mean per year in addition to 15l monthly income? Or this income just tops the 5-6 cr saved in the past? In which case, you need to have saved up 5-6 cr cash, got a 4-5 cr property and then have the monthly income.
yes, 5-6 net per year is above rich. if you've managed to save 5-6 cr cash and making a decent 15-20lpm along with a 3-4 cr property, you are where rich starts.
If you’re earning more than a 12L/year, you’re rich. When the amount of money you’re earning stops mattering, you’re wealthy.
No to what? Look outside your bubble and you’ll realise 12L/year is more than what most people will earn in their lives.
yes, but that doesnt make you "rich", but well off- upper middle class. tbh 12lpa is not even that, with inflation it has risen to about 18-20lpa.
Yes maybe you are in the 1%, but rich is like 0.0001%, it means you can stop income streams and live a upper middle class lifestyle for 30-40 years.
There’s a difference between sustaining a moderate life and being rich
1 % - 10 crore yearly

Wealthy - 5 crore yearly
Rich - 1 crore yearly

Upper class - 50 lakhs yearly

middle class - 12 lakhs yearly
These are wrong stats. So you are telling me that 14000000 people in India earn over 10 Crores Rupees Yearly?
My classification would be the one below (based on Mumbai). I currently belong to category 3 and my dream is to marry a girl from category 9 to 12 (categories 13 to 16 are out of my league).

1. Poor: Below Rs 8 lakhs a year after tax

2. Lower middle class: Rs 8 to 20 lakhs a year after tax

3. Medium middle class: Rs 20 to 40 lakhs a year after tax

4. Upper middle class: class: Rs 40 to 60 lakhs a year after tax

5. Lower affluent class: Rs 60 to 80 lakhs a year after tax

6. Medium affluent class: Rs 80 to 1 crore a year after tax

7. Upper affluent class: Rs 1 crore to 1.5 crore a year after tax

8. Lower high net worth class: Rs 1.5 to 5 crore a year after tax

9. Medium high net worth class: Rs 5 to 10 crore a year after tax

10. Upper high net worth class: Rs 10 to 20 crore a year after tax

11. Lower super-rich class: Rs 20 to 40 crore a year after tax

12. Medium super-rich class: Rs 40 to 60 crore a year after tax

13. Upper super-rich class: Rs 60 crore to 100 crore a year after tax

14. Meister: Rs 100 crore to Rs 200 crore a year after tax

15. Super Meister: Rs 200 crore to Rs 300 crore a year after tax

16. Lord Meister: Rs 300 crore a year upwards after tax (Ambanis, Adanis, Jindals, Shroffs, Harish Salve etc)
Lol imagine comparing Harish Salve to Ambanis… and most of the upper categories are clubbed as one. You have got the classification wrong.
Bhai NYC ka nahi pucha, ye india ka hai, 8lpa is decent middle class
Shroff, salve and Adani ambani Jindal in same line? Maybe ur some 2nd yr student
You don't need to look at the amount on bills or wait for the new month to start.
Being rich could mean money rich or time rich. The former knows no limits. I find the latter to be more valuable because of the uncertainty of how much time we actually have left in this life. Being able to decide how you spend your time.. what you choose to do or not do.. that's rich in my books.
Being rich means:

1. Not worrying about monthly expenses (whatever your lifestyle may be)

2. Having an asset base (houses, solid investment portfolio, liquid cash holdings)

3. Enough to set aside for future expenses (family, health, education etc).

For me (SA at a T1), the target is 20 crore networth. After that, I’m out.
A 21-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.