Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
From what I heard, NLU VC salaries vary across NLUs, plus there are calculations like basic pay, variable pay, allowances etc. Apparently NLSIU pays its VC the most (around 3 lakhs a month), followed by NALSAR and NLUD (around 2.5 a month), followed by the rest (around 2 a month). Is this correct?

Also, will Sudhir's salary increase with the intake going up? Will it be structured like the salary of the JGLS VC? I heard that at JGLS the VC gets 1.5 crore a year plus a share of student fee earnings. Apparently 60% of the earnings are spent on the university, 25% given back to Naveen Jindal and his company (which has given money on the basis of a zero-interest loan rather than a donation), 10% kept in savings and 5% shared between the VC and senior management. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So if Sudhir is paid using this model, then perhaps 85% fee income can be spent on the university, 12% on savings and 3% given to him?
Maybe we shouldn't be incentivising VCs to up student intake on a numeric metric alone
Lets take your papas salary and redistribute to students also while were at it. This sort of thing is extremely cheap. I dont know what money laundering is going on at other places. But at nlus- our teachers make very little money anyways, most of them gave up well paying careers in other places to teach. Most folks who do llms or phds abroad had very good class ranks and were generally hardworking and diligent. And for their trouble we pay them orders of magnitude less than what their peers get paid.
If you hate professors this much- dont be shocked or call yourself a victim when they feel some type of way about you in turn.