Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Respected Sir,

I am a first year student and the author of the earlier mentioned post on LegallyIndia which had made an anonymous complaint against 5th years for ragging (https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/285344-i-am-bullied-in-gnlu). After this post, another batchmate of mine who was also a victim to this group of bullies who ragged us made a formal complaint. Ever since then, he has been reprimanded by multiple members of the committee of which the accused is the convenor. To an extent, he has been intimidated by his seniors to withdraw his complaint. On not doing so, ▮▮▮ (common knowledge to all on campus) has filed an official complaint of slut shaming against the 1st year who complained against the prime accused. This is to intimidate and threaten the 1st year complainant.

Further, I am also a witness to different treatment meted out to 5th years who are accused formally on similar nature complaints. One of the 5th years against whom my batchmates had raised a formal complaint was immediately suspended from hostel but as of date when two days have passed since my batchmate formally complained against three 5th years, this case has been completely been subdue on all levels. The accused while on formal complaint are on campus and continue to hold positions of responsibility with no check by the administration. This shall completely undermine the formal adjudication process of the complaint of ragging.

I am also told by my batchmates that after this complaint against the prime accused was put forth by my batchmate, the prime accused along with ▮▮▮

I am also a victim who was meted out with bullying and ragging by the same set of seniors and given how my batchmate has been treated, I do not feel safe putting my formal complaint against the said group due to how another victim who came out has been treated by the administration.

As an outcome, and on the basis of the order of the Hon'ble Gujarat High Court, I demand:
1. Immediate suspension of all accused whose names have been mentioned in the complaint put forth by my batchmate on similar and equal lines of the accused in the ragging complaint made prior to this.
2. All seniors against whom formal complaint is raised to vacate their positions of responsibility until the ICC/Disciplinary committee finds them not guilty
3. A separate grievance redressal mechanism wherein the current faculty convenor of the committee which is headed by the prime accused has no role to play. I demand full confidentiality such that only a separate faculty member over whom the prime accused has no influence and the registrar are aware about my details and no other person to know of it.

4. ensure protection of identify of all victims who have come forward to complain regarding ragging/sexual harassment/etc

I am choosing to present this letter on this platform in order to remain anonymous so that I am not targetted like my batchmate who chose to raise the voice.

Kindly now that if no action is taken on this letter by 29th September, 2023 I shall be bound to put this complaint along with my name and all names of the accused before the Hon'ble Chief Justice, Gujarat High Court along with the Chancellor of GNLU. I am grateful for the support of Legally India for giving me this platform and some alumni of GNLU for their pro bono legal assistance in this.

Regards,
A 1st-year student who is a victim of ragging and institutional coverup of the same.

A copy of this letter has been forwarded to the National Ragging Helpline through my advocate.
With everything that's wrong with this place, GNLU needs some very serious reform to get its shit together
This is quite unfortunate and I do feel for you and the other victims. But the arrogance of these seniors is something else. To the accused, kids, you're in GNLU, not a bad place in the world of NLUs, but certainly not the greatest, might want to tone down the self-arrogation to think you're some indispensible badasses of the legal world. And focus on actually making the college compete with the best-rated law schools than ragging juniors for your pathetic one-upmanship.
I support you, but don't expect any suspensions. Students from powerful families are rarely punished.
A 4-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.