Read 44 comments as:
Filter By
Idk why but my old post was deleted by mods. Genuine Q.

1.why is nls mess (anapurna) only for women? Not just that some girls will literally ask u to move if u dare sit there for 0.1 second.

2. 1/2 convenorship for women. On what basis!

3. 1/2 SBA prez women?

4.1/2 CR women?

Why?

Given that there are about 1/3 women, shouldnt a 1/3 reservation be given?

What is the justification?

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
There is a separate mess for men, so I don't see a problem if a part of the Annapurna mess is reserved for women.

For 2,3 and 4, I believe that one of the spots should be reserved for Bahujan, gender minorities, and disabled persons. This will ensure that people from all the communities get proper representation. If you look at the people who have become convenors this year, only one person has become convenor from the above-mentioned categories, the rest of them are men from the general category.

We don't want a situation where all posts are captured by males from the general category, so a reservation is required. However, I believe that the people from all the above categories should be eligible to fight the election from the reserved seat and not just females.
Simply not true. I can remember at least 2 women who won in open and I haven't even opened the list
for 1- its a ladies mess, and you re surprised you as a man weren't allowed in? Are you dumb? If you are trans just get another mess bud.
There is no justification. Some girl (we know who) was losing election so she campaigned for this through the feminist fringe organization of the uni (we knAOW who). The SC passed it without deliberation. That girl lost anyway in open category but will elected through women seat lmao
Throw misogyny and castiesm whenever you fail to compete!๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
why do you guys hate women so much? Why dilute our reservation with others?
What is happening to F o E? A law school should be a place open to exchanging ideas and justifying demands. However, nothing of that sort happens anymore. All the elites are hypocrite wokes who will cancel you for saying women (without intersectionality) do not deserve 50% reservation. These people do NOT have any justification and will end you for demanding one.
God, this is brutal. Law School didn't have this much quota politics. In fact, ABCs were free from this sort of reservation policies.
Dear OP,

1. Annapurna mess is literally a women's mess in the women's hostel. Obviously only women are entitled to that space. Even there women residents have adjusted and have allowed for men to sit in one of the dining halls. Men are not starving, you have your own mess. Just go eat there bro. As for why exclusive spaces are important, please read up on the idea of safe spaces, which is very much needed in NLS dude to rampant sexism (the comments on this thread is a sample) and even assault.

2. Reservations: All of the comments here saying 'women suck broooo' have conveniently forgotten that campaigns in NLS have been misogynistic and elected male representatives have participated in it. Lest we forget, the 2021-22 SBA Prez had to literally be forced into resignation because he was verbally abusive to women and multiple women reported having been intimidated by him. AND MEN STILL SUPPORTED HIM. How do you expect women in such an atmosphere to win elections which are heavily skewed towards MHOR residents. As for committees, ffs, a male candidate and his allies (an office-holder included) literally stopped supporters of a woman candidate from entering the meeting. Women candidates are asked why they care so much about women's rights for god's sake. Committee elections have become an MHOR dick-measuring contest and you wonder why women seats have to be reserved - yeah this is why: because NLS is not kind to its women.

3. "Given that there are about 1/3 women, shouldnt a 1/3 reservation be given?:" Please pay more attention in Consti I and II classes. Read up on Sandra Freedman and idea of substantive equality. Maybe cut back on doing mra shit on legally india and read more instead?
A 29-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
you want me to name all the incompetent male conveners nlsiu had? should we remove men then completely from these posts? no? Okay?
Percentage wise women Cs and JCs are more incomeptent and also rely on male members to do all the work.
This guy is trolling. Whatโ€™s happened to the moderation on this platform
A 10-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 165-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
Please mention your name. I am going to send them a callout message on your name.

Yes, the person in question, faffs a lot, I disagree with him on a lot of issues but he is surely not a sexual harasser. This much, I know. I am also a female from the 2nd year and have taken help from him for projects. He had helped me with projects when I was really struggling and my project guide or other seniors were not helping me. I have never felt uncomfortable for a second with him.

We can never trust anonymous call-out posts with zero evidence against them. I know that whoever has posted the message, has posted it because there are rumors about him running for SBA President's election this year and the rival faction is trying their best to defame him.
A 41-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 40-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 40-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 79-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.