Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
To clarify:

Gen X = born between 1965 and 1980

Gen Y aka millennials = born between 1981 and 1996

Gen Z = born after 1996

I'm excluding Gen X from the discussion as NLSIU was the only NLU for Gen X-ers and I doubt if any Gen X-ers even visit LI. My question is for Gen Y aka millennials. I think a decent share of Gen Y readers do visit LI (maybe 25% Gen Y readers vs 75% Gen Z readers). Gen X is basically our parents generation, while Gen Y is like the generation of some of our older cousins.So how was college life for y'all? My guess is that the similarities and dissimilarities would be:

Similarities: Competition during moots, pressure to do well in placements, desire to work for tier 1 firms like CAM, complaints against admin, bad mess food, copy-pasting during projects etc.

Dissimilarities: Fewer students appearing for judicial services and UPSC compared with today, narrower career choices compared with today, more ragging compared with today, lack of sensitivity for LGBTQ+ students compared with today, no Tinder and boring dating life similar to our parents, etc. Also, no Netflix, no social media etc, so perhaps low awareness about other countries and cultures for that reason.

Of course, Gen Y will not be homogenous as someone born in 1981 and 1996 will be very different. So maybe you can specify if you are 80s born or 90s born as well.
Gen Y had less to study because there were fewer SC cases than compared to now. Laws were also simpler then.
Hilarious 😂....what makes you believe you can stop reading the new case laws and new enactments once you have been awarded your degree? It is a lifelong study...