Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
This is what Incredible India has become under BJP rule. Where a sitting MP is using hate speech against a fellow MP in front of all the members of the Parliament including the Speaker in live TV. Perfect moment for the New Parliament Building. Instead of condemning the guy and taking action against him, the ruling party is all set already to brush the matter under the carpet. They did not even look apologetic while the incident was going on. Shame on them!

The legal question is, can parliamentary privilege extend to cover hate speech and communal slurs?

https://thewire.in/communalism/ramesh-bidhuri-danish-ali-lok-sabha-hate-speech
You condemn the "facts" spoken is it? Did you personally inspect the minority MPs genitals to verify whether he is, in fact, circumcised? Can you point out what Court of law has declared the sitting MP a terrorist? If he is one, why is he still in the parliament?

The problem with edgy losers like you is that you don't really think through the garbage you consume.

@kian, can you explain why the comment i am replying to is not marked trollish?
I'll go a step further, @Kian can you please ensure that such absolute garbage comments are not published?
The downvotes go to show the influx of communal sanghis on LI these days. Rational people in favour of right wing economy or politics would have been equally disgusted at this. I personally favour open market and economy and even like our traditional culture and practise Hinduism myself. However, I consider these remarks by that MP to be pathetic, reprehensible and indicative of a dangerous trend. The strictest of action should be taken against him, particularly for having violated the sanctity of our very centre of democracy, the parliament itself.
Anyone who downvotes this comment is actually anti-Hindu and anti-national. :D
Funny how, even the leader of Opposition is suspended for weeks without waiting for the due process, and a man who is openly abusing a fellow parliamentarian is lauded by his party colleagues and the speaker just brushes it aside, asking him not to repeat it.

I mean sure, you're biased but atleast show a bit of respect to the chair you occupy.

"Or is it that you sold your concise to get your daughter in IAS? She did after all qualify UPSC in first attempt and got IAS after being in reserve list"
Yes it does. The idea is that Parliament is an extension of the Sovereign so Sovereign immunity applies for proceedings of parliament. It’s like why you can’t directly sue the President who also is a part of Parliament. His speech was offensive but discipline in this case is a matter for the house and not a court. Crossing this Lakshman Rekha is very dangerous for a democracy. Parliamentary privilege is so strong that an MP can demand secession or even rise up in support for a terrorist and even that speech is protected.
It's time that's removed then. The speaker position these days has been relegated to a stooge of the party in power. Courts are our last hope in matters like this.
Shitty Bhandpa MP must be castrated so the whole India knows who the reall katwa is.

These people have lost the meaning and dignity of being a parliamentarian.
Something no one is talking about him being the MP of South Delhi - one of the areas with the most posh, educated and global people in India supposedly. Where the f is this country headed?
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ cope cry seethe.

Hindustan zindabad