Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Honestly, I'm not a tech bro at all and am happy with my iPhone 13. I would rather spend a lakh going on a holiday abroad. But I get dirty stares from law firm colleagues who are asking me why I don't have an iPhone 15. While I am ok with remarks from junior associates like myself, it feels uncomfortable when senior colleagues make remarks. I'm sure all of you can relate to it!

So I will probably have to buy it because of peer pressure. But I want to know what the main benefits are. Is it just longer battery life, or are the interface and functions better? One thing that annoys me is the emergency off button appearing alongside the power off button. Is that feature still there? Seems like a dumb question, but as I said I am not a big tech guy, so apologies for that.
iPhone 15 is iPhone 14 with a Type C charging port and iPhone 14 was very identical to iPhone 13. IMO stick with your iPhone 13.
I am a partner at a T1 law firm and I use iphone 13 pro. The logical thumb rule I use is that unless an electronic item has issues performing, please continue using it. However, depending on your financial capability and other aspirations (such as your holiday) you can considering changing the phone every 4 years just to remain in vogue / updated.

Dont fall for peer pressure or care about remarks of these 'new money' fools who splurge on depreciating assets every year just to be cool.

There are certain managing partners who use/d nokia communicator / blackberry, android phones and basic iphones for the longest time so long as they did the job. They are beyond these 'style statements' and are busy making real wealth.

My advice take the holiday. Also no major upgrades in performance of iphone 15 compared to iphone 13 despite all the cool lingos used to sell the new features.
You are a lawyer. If it can send Email, Make Calls and has Whatsapp. You really don't need your phone for anything else.
My senior is a Partner at a Midsize Law Firm. He is in his early fiftees. he lives in a 2,800 Sq ft Apartment in of the most elite Socities of South Mumbai, drives a White Merc which costed him about 55,00,000/-, goes on international holidays twice a year and takes other domestic holidays too. Guess the Phone he uses

Samsung w a broken screen which would not have costed him more than 20K.

All of us's defination of luxury is different. If buying a 15 makes you happy, by all means go for it. But if youre going to buy it to please others, trust me you will always end up displeasing yourself.
idk why someone would spend that sort of money for a 60hz display in 2023, reverse shame your colleagues. Also, the 13 should work just fine for a couple of years into the future, dw about your colleagues.
not worth the jump from 13, but worth the jump if using 11 and below,
What is this rubbish. I use a 25k Redmi phone and it’s working out fine. Buy the iPhone if -you- want one, not because some idiot made stray comments.