Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
What does a public policy team at a law firm do? How many firms have these kinds of teams? As a law student how should I orient my learning to align with policy team requirements.
I have some idea about it. So, policy review or policy and regulation, as it is normally called, involves work like formulation of draft laws for your client (mostly governments), preparation of reports on variety of issues like regarding implementation of a law through extensive research, documenting development of laws and policies of government on X topic for advising client overall, doing advocacy for stakeholders in any sector (reflecting lacunae in a law to the government for its elimination and meeting interests of stakeholders) etc.

The work then is very much research oriented combined with commincations with various people and writing a lot.

For law firms, I know of PLR Chambers which I believe is at the helm of policy work in the law firm industry. Otherwise there are also think tanks like Vidhi which lead the policy work, especially when it comes to dealing with the government.

If you want to orient your CV in this field, start doing a lot of internships and publications in this field. You can start interning at places like think tanks, PRS Legislative, Civil Society Organisations, apart from law firms.
Bump.

Please list out law firms who may hire freshers in their policy teams.