Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
It will be conducted by the University and not by the Moot Court Society which used to conduct it!
Which means that it will be a disaster, with more plagiarism issues cropping up. Haven't the admin and faculty learnt yet that they cannot do these things any better than the students, regardless of whether they disregard their degrees of anachronism and fossilisation?
The admin thinks that the student body is incapable of conducting external events properly which is why they are taking control of NLSTIAM, NMC and external debate competitions.
Of course. Sudhir is better than all the students combined and the faculty are his agents. So they know the best. Students are just like John Snow.
Yeah, best at diluting the quality which is evident by how intra-moot rounds and journal test were conducted
Oh ? so it isnt true that mooting society has for years excluded students from SC ST/ OBC communities? Please list for me the last time a team comprising solely SC ST students went to an international moot? And then list for me the number of times a team comprising solely UC students went to an international moot? If students are the best at this stuff what explains the inequality?
Read more carefully. I clearly said that admin is better, not students. Every moot team and other competition teams should clearly be representative and follow all reservation norms. That is the only way to become fair and equitable. The competition outcome scarcely matters. Any student can be trained to become a good mooter and that's how it should be done.
The main reason is money. Many people don't take up international moots because of the hefty spending that comes with it. Sudhir should try and financially help those folks, and provide attendance makeup. Instead of putting up a shitty moot problem, he should support the students who are good at it.

Mark my words, even with the easier moot problem that was used this year, you will find those same folks go for international trips!!

When I know for sure that I won't be able to spend 1lakh for a moot, there is no incentive for me to work hard for the univ rounds or even participate in it!
Sudhir provide financial support to students? He is always busy dreaming up new ways about how to extract more money from them! Attendance makeup compromises his vision of academic rigour, so that's not gonna happen either. He does not really care whether NLS wins any moot of repute anymore. He considers mooting as a child's way of keeping busy and hence not meriting so much attention.