Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I want senior level lawyers/partners who have managed to be content with their lives as corporate lawyers alongside leading healthy personal lives to share their experiences here.

I want a rough estimate
Honestly. None of them have a life. I know maybe one or two mid tier firm partners who have a life outside of a law firm. Even then, I've seen them working on weekends. None of the partners at T1, even equity partners, have a life. Majority of them are just paranoid and bending over backwards. Especially those born in the 1980s. Heck I've seen even senior citizen partners with one leg in the coffin work on weekends.

If anyone says they do have a life they're lying. Having to work on the weekends is not having a life by any measure. Then you're just a one dimensional individual - which most law firm employees are. They make faces when you talk of hobbies and interests as if they are sins.

Yes, you may tell yourself it fulfills you, but c'mon who are we fooling. If it fulfills you, then work on the weekends, let your associates be. Will you do that ? I doubt, because it only fulfills your bank account. In a corporate set up, no need to work on weekends, it's just greed.

I'm not even talking of personal lives here.
I think people tend go on since they have a material gain which one wishes to acquire; overheard dick measuring contests about the Omegas, BMWs, fancy apartments & kid's foreign education at the upper levels. I do not blame them though, the tier 1 bubble consists of a lot of people have sold themselves to a game which has no finish line. On the health front, everybody is going for a sutta every half and hour followed by fancy drinks with clients more often than not. Please try and prioritize your health before it gets too late - if this means taking some time off for a quick workout, saying no to oily snacks and avoiding the smoke breaks; then be it that way.
You're right about the sutta breaks , i work at a tier 2 litigation firm. All the people literally all the people excluding me and my two other colleagues smokes a pack IN ONE DAY BRO and they got really fucked up health issues on top of that
Its sad - I don't smoke either, same situation. Most people I know started in law school