Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
For some reason, this has blown up into a big controversy at my law school (not taking the name and requesting people not to share to protect identities). There is this girl in our batch who is a very nice person and shares exam notes with everyone. Then the feminist gang in class asked her not to do so, saying that how come only girls have to share notes, guys don’t pay attention in class and sleep after gaming the whole night etc.

Now the girl all of a sudden is behaving in an aloof manner and avoiding guys and not sharing notes. She got brainwashed by the gang. I think it’s pretty mean of the gang tbh. ☹️ The whole point of college life is to help each other out. We share movies, Uber rides, food and treats etc. We help each other during medical emergencies etc. We are away from home and live together like a family. So why this unnecessary politics? Just to clarify, I have nothing against feminism. But I don’t see why it’s being brought in here.
Watch less movie, use less uber and focus on attending more classes, keeping awake and taking your own notes down.
If you're having trouble seeing why something is an issue of the patriarchy, try reframing the problem with a different oppressed class - one you identify with, if one exists. If it suddenly seems like a problem to you, it was a problem to begin with.
Do you know that women and girls are doing better in schools and colleges across countries? Why do you think this is? Is it because men and boys are just not putting in the work?

Do you know what this kind of entitlement looks like a few years later in the workplace?

1. Expecting women to take notes in any meeting (because she has nice handwriting, because she always does it, because she's the responsible one, etc.) All of these are lazy excuses for your privilege and entitlement. If she has nice handwriting, remember that it is because she was socialized a certain way from birth since she is a woman, and because she is putting in actual effort. Please step up and be better than the generations that came before you.
2. Expecting women to do all the emotional labour like remembering people's birthdays, organizing events at work, doing anything that involves caring for people (again, because women are "naturally caring" or they're just better at it than men) This is also a pathetic excuse, please do better. This happens even if there is a designated HR in an organization.

Do you think you're a senior advocate in litigation who can take notes from a junior and just get by without doing the grunt work? How on earth can you be so entitled as to expect some girl to give you notes? She pays attention, she puts the effort into transcribing it into notes, and then some guys expect them for free because of their gender. Please do better, this behaviour is disgusting.
Bro, chill. It's not patriarchal to tell a girl to take notes in a meeting because she has good handwriting. Then I can also argue that it's reverse sexism is a girl expects a guy to carry a heavy suitcase or fix a computer if it's not working!

The fact is that men and women are biologically different and each is suited better for different things.
Just to make it clear: there is nothing biological about handwriting. What the f**k are you talking about?
who is asking men to fix computers when they're not working? where is this superiority complex from?
Yes. Yes, it is patriarchal to expect girls to share notes. Is this question being posed as a troll, or are you genuinely confused?
what exactly do you contribute to help the women in your classes?

leave that- why do you want to lose your opportunity to learn by using anyone elses notes?
Some of these feminist types might have just been jealous of the fact that this girl was genuinely liked by everyone. This happened in my law school also.
I agree with this comment. There are mean girls who get jealous when a non-mean girl becomes popular with guys because she is helpful. So they try and drive a wedge. In my batch there is a non-mean girl who is genuinely very kind. For example, I am not very used to wearing ties as it was not a part of my school uniform. Once, while going to an intra moot I wore a tie in the wrong way. She came up to me and helped me tie it properly, even though I don't know her very well. That's just her nature. But one of the mean girls was passing by and made sarcastic remarks that the non-mean girl is the "housewife of the boys hostel". 😡
don't add feminism and patriarchy in this matter, you are a kaam chor who wants to benefit while she works and now expecting her to share notes and shaming her, i respect the guys who either make their own notes or atleast don't beg for notes
Jab admi ko 3 time se zyada ka khana milta hai toh log yahi sab karte hai .....meh Gao mee hi thik tha kyu yaha ayaa
A 2-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.