Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
So as the title suggests, Im an associate working at a firm .I got an opportunity to work under a Senior of a tier 1 law firm who went independent.My only motivation to join is that the person might have better quality work. Also that he might pay me slightly more than my current firm and also has work from Home.Only catch is that idk it can be a project basis opportunity ( 5-6 months ), though I'm only guessing.So what should I do? I'm a fresher.
That partner will surely join a better law firm after he gets bored with an independent practice, probably due to an offer of Equity Partnership from that particular firm. Don’t know whether he will take you along with him to that firm then.
I don't have long-term plans either, so what's ideally to be done now?
Work him for 6 months like you have mentioned, gain valuable experience and then move on to another law firm.
Instead of 6 months you can play it safe by working there for a year and then move on. This way you stay in his good books.
yes but pay is low- low. Actually he's starting his own firm but rn it's in teething stages