Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
I have a specific set of queries for current NLSIU students. For context, I am planning to apply for the 3 year LLB (Hons) Programme at NLSIU. I come from a law family background and will join my family practice so I am not looking for a corporate job after my law degree. I want a degree that will give me some brand value but most importantly will give me a good education. With this in mind, my questions are:

(1) how is the faculty at NLSIU? I went through profiles in the website and many of them have strong credentials, but how are they as teachers in the classroo

m?

(2) do the good ones teach the 3 year LLBs? Or do they only teach the 5 year students?

Thanks.
I can reply to the second question. The good ones do teach 3-year LLB too. In terms of academic rigor, there is no difference between the two.
As a student of the 3-Year course, I would respectfully disagree. I have sat in some of the classes of the 5-Year course. There is a palpable difference in terms of effort. Some of the junior faculty are being encouraged to take more classes for the 3-Year course, which they do not always do with good grace either. I don't have any grievance against them though, the overall atmosphere is much more conducive to learning than a 3-Year programme in any traditional university or private ones like JGLS, from what I've heard from my contemporaries studying at such places.