Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Hello.

A recent graduate here. Still without a job. Doing internships in my preferred area of work.

Can we have people from the 2023 graduate community share their experiences, struggle, career dilemma, financial despondency and other problems. And even if anything good is going on which they could share. Something that could motivate the rest of us.
Jo mile lelo,

Jaise mila lelo,

Zyda ka moh mat kro,

Kam me guzara kro ,

Abhi bheed bhadne wali h mai kahne me,

SAb accha hoga, thoda sabr kro
Doing a job that i got through the reference of a relative but regretting it big time beacuse these people treat me like a intern, give me only research work and dont let me go to court if there's any associate that has a research to be given to me.....in short I am an intern with the title of a junior, dont even get paid.

Want to leave this job but pune has very less vacancies with most of them wanting people with experience. My dream of financial independence continues to be a dream.

kabhi kabhi lagta hai ki apun galat duniya me aa gaya.
Just wait. Eventually good work will come. In 6-7 months, we get to know how much one has learnt and for what task he can be relied upon. Don't worry.
ILS se hokr itna bura haal.Lol mujhe to lgta tha tier 1 nlus k baad sbse zyda placement tumhare clg se hi hote h hindustan mein.
Same condition here bro, without any job till yet all interviews given only to be offered assessment at last ( And mostly getting this reply "We will get back to you") . Assessment is quite big risk after graduation. I feel very sad when i see people with below average cv( not judging their strength, i do understand everyone is unique) getting job due to Jacks/ contact and I cant crack in any firm with some what good cv having t2 and t1 firm and somewhat okayish publi and moots. For 1st gen lawyer its a very cruel world, most 1st gen lawyer are middle class and some lower middle class escaping the life realities is very hard. Law as profession has no objective assessment for getting job like good Moot court, good publication, good internship, in the end it all depends upon partners or SA PA mood which very subjective akd luck based. Even after getting all you ponder was it all worth it? Even i didn't get the job for us 1st gen lawyer another battle would after joining firm proving ourselves to be capable, developing attitude that is based on (showing off our fake wealth) to be in good books of partners/ SA PA. Also another battle is how to survive cruel, toxic environment of firm. With this bid adieu
Hey,

Will advice you something even if I don't have the credentials or exp to., but have observed.

Join anywhere. ANYWHERE. Don't look at practice area, location, pay. Just join anywhere. With this I don't mean litigation, that's another ball game. Join even semi legal, or non legal roles, but someone hiring. Then network. Create a network.

Go to linkedin, firms constantly put out freshers hiring posts, not too often tho, just apply and try to get in. When you have 2 to 3 years of experience, u will find gates open for you everywhere. You will be in need. Then be a little picky, Join tier 2s or 1s.

But don't wait, just join anywhere.
but how will a non legal field experience be useful if lawfirms are looking for people with experience in legal fields