Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I am presently in my 4th year of law school and have come across something shocking. Firstly, a short rant about how the OCS (RCC) has been so utterly incompetent this semester. They have not released the day 0 reports, it has been altogether kept hush-hush. The internships for the penultimate year batches have been abysmal. There is no transparency on who has been shortlisted and even the rejection emails are coming 1 month later. The intern intake is also extremely low per firm (t1s) than usual. Further, I got to know that people who have gotten internships through contacts HAVE TO apply through the OCS and the OCS sends the CVs to the firms, and then the people who go through contacts get 'shortlisted.' While I understand nepotism thrives everywhere, it is just insanely unfair that the 'contact' kids now take away the opportunity of students who would have otherwise gotten an internship through the OCSβ€”kind of like stealing their spot. Like there is no problem if the people with contacts get the internship externally, but having to make them go through the OCS and then shortlisting them seems very unfair. I wanted to know if this is the same case across NLU's and has become the firm's standard modus operandi. A case in point is KayCo last sem taking 6 interns from '2025 of which 4 were through contacts applying via OCS.
Sorry, pal, NLUs have their own problems in recruitments but THIS definitely does not happen, especially in the top 4-5 NLUs.
How does someone force a student to go through the RPC for an internship if the student can get it on their own?