Read 59 comments as:
Filter By
My boss scolded me very badly for wearing a Titan watch. He said in our firm one can’t wear watch brands worn by taxi drivers. He said “you better wear a good watch next week else I will throw that watch out the window”.

I was looking at Tissot as an option, but I still don’t want to spend so much on a watch. So I wanted to know:

1. Can I buy good quality fakes of foreign brands, or will people find out?

2. What is the least expensive acceptable foreign brand? Is Tissot the bare minimum?
The Tissot PRX is a good starter watch, should cost around 60% of A0/A1 monthly salary. It shows you're serious. Anything less than that, its better to go for an Apple Watch - you can seem to be into tech (without having to admit to the affordability issue).
Horrible advice, not everyone needs to fall into this brand trap and splurge on something they do not want.
Why wear such good amd fancy watch just please people who lives in their orchestrated world. Those who have got home loan, student laon andy financial responsibilities should not be going with this peer pressure. Time hi acha nhi toh menhngi watch ka kya faidaa
Ask your boss to give you an early bonus to pay for the watch! This is not a standard practice. I am a so-called Tier 1 Partner and happily wear my Titan/HMT watches all the time.
wow, so guys also have free time to scope - on what your juniors and peers discuss on these threads sir?
I would have resigned from such workplace immediately, if I were in your place. This is disgusting.
Don’t wear a watch in office. Money saved.

Tum bhi khush. Boss bhi khush.
Hum Fast-track pehen ke PA ban gaye. Hamein to Aaj Tak kisi ne kuchh nahiin bola
Just say sign me a cheque for the watch you would like? Or gift me
Unless the boss is paying for it, don't buy a new watch. The best is to not wear a watch altogether. Titan is a respectable brand in my opinion and your boss is an ass.
damn, i would have scolded you too, atleast wear a cartier or a fredrique constant minimum, then go to rolex, then a patek, then a richard,
You guys laugh, but I’m quite serious about my watch goals. As PA, I’ve just splurged on a Speedmaster. I hope for an entry Rolex the day I make Partner. If I reach Ashwath/Raghubir levels of equity, then I’ll spring for a Patek. My dream watch to ride out into the sunset will of course be a Vacheron.
Hardly anyone knows the name of this stuff, live in your bubble..
Don't you think a Grand Seiko or Carl FB is a better bet than the Omega? Just curious before landing the big purchase on one of the 2.
n00b spotted. Do tell me where you can get Grand Seiko for the price of an Omega? If you believe that, then I have a Tiffany Nautilus for you, with box and papers.
You know that GS has quartz models that you can buy at the 2.5-3L mark right? For a better dial and quality than the DeVille that Omega will offer you at 3. Hell, if you buy second hand then you can get a GS at 1.5L
Bruh you're being taken for a ride, in the name of a pre-owned watch. Be careful that they're not palming off counterfeits. A Grand Seiko at 1.5L is an absurd proposition.
FC and Cartier are not even in the same ball park. Also not sure if there is any serious watch nerd whose grail watch is a Richard Mille. Did you just google 'fancy watch brand'?
some models of FC and Cartier are indeed in the same ballpark, cartier comes around 3 L while FC higher models come around 3L too, cartier santos ranges around 6-7 lakh, so its you who has no knowledge bruh, and yes some or even most RMs are indeed grails did you just watch two or 3 youtube videos and took their opinion that RMs suck and you claim you're a watch buff ?
A few RMs ARE grails you buffoon just like a few Pateks are grails, bet you watched a nico leonard video and now you consider yourself a "serious watch nerd", go watch some more videos and gain more knowledge, - a real Patek Nautilus owner here, bought it 7 years ago when the only watch brand you knew bout was a rolex and fastrack
I have never seen a Nautilus with a professional in India (even businessmen/old money folks don't have it). I would be very surprised if a law firm Partner sports a Nautilus (even an equity one). I do see quite a few datejusts that make me wonder if they got suckered into buying one by a smooth AD at the Dubai airport.
Seems like it. Let's see if he spouts the pros and cons of garbage tier Hublot.
Why not dream of a Hublot while you're at it, you seem the the ideal mark.
This is obviously not real. Seems like a low student is living his/her fantasy of buying a watch in the future.
Apne malik se boloo dehaadi baade, itni dehadi mae sirf ek normal flat, some traveling expenses and personal expense hi nikalta hai
tommy hilfiger Is popular American Fashion brand. In India, Tommy hilfiger watches are designed and made by TITAN. ie simply its a titan watch with tommy hilfiger logo. Being a titan watch it will satisfy you. Having American fashion brand logo, will satisfy your boss
This is ridiculous! As the head of legal at a company (after working in law firms for 8 years), I have never even noticed what brand of watch someone is wearing! If I can find out the name of this partner, he's never getting work from my company!
Care to elaborate? Care to consider that it could be by choice?
I've worked for firms for close to 7 years and became the head of legal at a company. The partnership route isn't the goal for everyone, especially if they can negotiate a comparable salary elsewhere and not lose their mental peace.

You must've not spent very many years in the profession to say what you said, son.
Sorry if I sound arrogant, but Fossil and Tissot are cheap and mass brands in my opinion. Titan: let's not even go there. 🤮 My view is that it's totally worth spending on an Omega or Rolex even if you're an new associate. If you have no education loans to pay, just go for it. You'll make up the money in no time. You want heads to turn when you enter the room, so splurge on a top class wardrobe.
Why would heads turn to look at your watch? Do said heads belong to those who don't have a watch of their own to look at when they wish to know the time?
Dude, how on earth is an A0/A1 supposed to afford an Omega, let alone a Rolex? Best for him/her to start with Seikos/some select-Tissot models. If he really has an eye for a watch, maybe he can get a Seamaster once he makes SA (but that would also be stretching it, budget-wise). Obviously, I am assuming he comes from a comfortable family (no debts/financial obligations at home, nor is he taking money from the parents).
Buy diamond bracelet from Tanishq and then check time on your phone.
Find another team/boss/firm and then tell this boss that since he doesn't like Indian brands he should FO to a foreigner law firm.
Hi I’ll be joining as a A0 next year and would love some good watch recommendations say within 1-2L what would you guys suggest.
This is a problem with the general watch market. There are great watches in the 30-50k range, and great watches in the 3-5L range. But the 50k-2L range is quite dry (the top brands are just out of your reach, while the tier 2 brands in this range are not value for money). By way of analogy, buy a good 15L car, or wait till you can afford a 35-40L car. The stuff in between are all bleh.
If you're really insistent on this 1L budget, get the Apple Watch Ultra/Ultra 2. For you overall budget, get the new iPhone as well - you'll be good to go. Save up for the Omegas, in due course.
Already preordered the new IPhone, will probably continue with my current collection then and look for the Omega post joining as I don’t see much value in spending on a Ultra instead of the regular Apple Watch (personal opinion). Thanks for the advice though. :)
At this point, maybe you should consider changing your employer instead of changing your watch.
Worth of your boss is less than a Titan watch. Immediately change the boss and workplace. It is highly toxic.
A 21-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.