Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
Is it as bad to work there as people say or is it an exaggeration? Thinking of applying but unsure because of the mixed reviews.
worst team ever. AZB office at Mumbai is the most toxic... the associates are treated like door mat... there is no personal life in AZB Mumbai. the queen even treats her partner.
It depends on whom you're working with. If you're lucky, you'll get one of the nicer ones. They all have their ups and downs, but there's one person famous for being absolutely cruel for no valid reason, to all juniors - associates and interns. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ is singlehandedly responsible for AZB litigation team's attrition rate. You don't even need to spend a week at this place to figure out who I am talking about. LI has moderated another comment that hinted at who โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ is, adding this here because it's necessary and useful information. That being said, beggars can't be choosers so make a decision based on your circumstances. Good luck, and I hope you get to work with nice people!
Agree with this. Interned there while in college and barring the aforementioned person, everyone else was great to work with. The work hours are long but seniors are supportive, nice and delegate well.
Have worked there before. Great work. Decent partnersโ€ฆ but pray you donโ€™t end up working with the aforementioned Senior Associate. Never worked with any lawyer who can be as disrespectful and demeaning as her. Itโ€™s a wonder how there still are so many resources who work there despite working with her. Therapy is probably the answer. And donโ€™t ever join with the assumption that if you work with her and she treats you like shit, you can then take it up with the partners. Cause sheโ€™s untouchable. A senior associate but even the partners are scared of her and refuse to pull her up. So join the firm and pray to all your gods that you donโ€™t get to work with her. And if you do, I wish you all the good luck you can have. Sincerely.
LI, please donโ€™t block out all messages. Clearly there is one toxic SA in this team. Clearly nobody is naming the SA. But what weโ€™re trying to do is let this potential AZB slave know what he / she will be getting themselves into if they accept the offer. I interned there sometime back. Had the misfortune of having this SA get assigned as my โ€œbuddyโ€ as they call it. At first I thought I was lucky that I got someone who seemed to know her stuff, but after a few days, it didnโ€™t matter to me if she knew her stuff or not. She was the most unapproachable SA and I wished I was assigned to just any other SA who all seemed understanding and kind. Weโ€™re after all college students / freshers. We havenโ€™t graduated as partners and scholars. Give us a break. Talk to us with respect and kindness. I didnโ€™t get any of this from my โ€œbuddyโ€. Safe to say she made it easy for me to make a decision, not joining AZB Disputes Mumbai if Iโ€™ve to be disrespected. Please donโ€™t moderate and block this, LI.
I am sad that you had to experience this. She is toxic af and working around her means hearing her talk aloud on the phone regarding her personal matters but if she hears your voice, even if you're on a work call, she will scream bloody murder. Apart from her, the partners have toxicity ingrained in them too. As an intern you would luckily not get to experience this but the attrition rate of this team shows how had it is for the associates. Pathetic place. Please stay away.
Avoid this team. Had interned here for quite some time and found that the A0s to A2s were always under immense pressure, were shouted at by most of the seniors. Barring a few, everyone here including the Partners, is toxic, have no regards for your personal life and mental well being.
I was interning two months with this dispute team. It is a large team and lots of work. means there are deadlines. Most people are very nice, the three partners are approachable. The senior partner was travelling most of the time. This lady SA spews venom openly and everyone avoids her. Staff also avoid her. I have applied for my assessment and just hope she is not my buddy.
Koi name ka hint dedo please first or last letter some creative so we can identify her.... It would be helpful for all candidates
Whoever has worked there even for a few months would concur that the Partners are nothing but glorified Counsels. They are spineless and fear the Boss. No signs of an inclusive team culture.

Boss has a mantra of letting you know that you are lucky to be receiving your salary.
Avoid this team at all costs if you value your sanity, life and legal acumen. They'll all get depleted as this place is full of leeches starting from the top. They're not lawyers practising or respecting the law and have a chip on their shoulder god knows why
I interned with this team a few months ago. Some of the SAs are really approachable and kind but they are all always under constant pressure and stress even when there seemed to not be anything pressing. The partners put unrealistic expectations and inhumane deadlines for the joy of it which showed in the faces of these SAs. Felt really sad for them and decided then and there that this is not the place if you want to work and progress and lead a good life. Not worth it.
A 51-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
Have heard most of the partners are just glorified junior associates who don't know what they're doing
A 29-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.